Venom Power Pro Duo - one side dead, recommend me a dual charger that’s as good or better than this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
So I went to charge some batteries I recently changed the connector on and heard an awful noise when I fired up channel 1 to charge a pack. The fan sounds like a demon is going to emerge, so I stopped using that side immediately.

Im sure it’s only a matter of time until channel 2 goes down as well, so I’m looking for charger recommendations to replace this gal when she goes.

The charger for reference

https://www.hobbytown.com/venom-power-pro-duo-ac-dc-battery-charger-6s-7a-80w-vnr0685/p468689

Been using this charger for a while and really happy with it

Screenshot_20231031_095906_Samsung Internet.jpg

Does the Venom still work? On channel one I mean? Fans are just fans..easily replaceable just as on a motor or in an esc essentially.
I find that every charger I've ever had has noisey fans eventually. Spektrum, Hota, Traxxas, they all do it at some point. I just run them to failure, open and replace when/if needed. Usually I give them a few taps and the chatter goes away until next time.
My Spektrum S2100 had noisey fans from the start, still does. Hota took maybe a week or two before they started squawking..no big deal. A lil smack and they quiet down.😉😜🍻

Does the Venom still work? On channel one I mean? Fans are just fans..easily replaceable just as on a motor or in an esc essentially.
I find that every charger I've ever had has noisey fans eventually. Spektrum, Hota, Traxxas, they all do it at some point. I just run them to failure, open and replace when/if needed. Usually I give them a few taps and the chatter goes away until next time.
My Spektrum S2100 had noisey fans from the start, still does. Hota took maybe a week or two before they started squawking..no big deal. A lil smack and they quiet down.😉😜🍻
Has anyone cracked open a charger to replace a fan? I’m not opposed to it, but have no experience with this.

Yes, one side works great. The other side has awful sounds coming from fan where I doubt it’s doing much cooling.

Edit: I gave it a few taps and the noise went away. It’s current storage charging a pack so I’ll have a lot of time to monitor the noise. Thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone cracked open a charger to replace a fan? I’m not opposed to it, but have no experience with this.

Yes, one side works great. The other side has awful sounds coming from fan where I doubt it’s doing much cooling.
My Venom Power Pro Duo does the same thing, when I charge on channel 2 the fan starts off rough and the runs normal after about a minute.
I picked up a gensacearespammers Lipo Battery Charger IMARS D300 when they were on sale.

I have, replaced fans as well as power supplies. If you're not comfortable with the idea, then by all means don't. Sorry if I mislead you. How long have you had it? I mean if you have the resources, maybe just buy a new one. Perhaps tear it apart after you get a new one? Just in case. But yeah, fans can make quite a racket, especially in a large cabinet such as that Venom has. Gens IMARS seems well liked, ISDT, Hota.. those are my choices. TRX and Spektrum are okay, but you're paying for the name more so than the specs IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the ideas. Maybe I’ll crack it open if it dies completely.

I’ve had the charger for over 3 years, but under 4. It’s been making noise on and off from year 2.5 onward and it usually goes away. Pesky little thing.

As far as the suggestions go for new chargers, it looks adapters are needed for some of these chargers and I’m a banana plug man. All my charge leads have banana plugs, so moving away from that will be heartbreaking and work for me to solders connectors on instead of the 🍌

I hear you. Changing out connectors can be a daunting task.. I did that a while back, 10 esc's, 20 some odd batteries plus chargers. Now I love soldering, especially the smell!!🤪😁😜🍻

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Maybe I’ll crack it open if it dies completely.

I’ve had the charger for over 3 years, but under 4. It’s been making noise on and off from year 2.5 onward and it usually goes away. Pesky little thing.

As far as the suggestions go for new chargers, it looks adapters are needed for some of these chargers and I’m a banana plug man. All my charge leads have banana plugs, so moving away from that will be heartbreaking and work for me to solders connectors on instead of the 🍌
Just make a set of banana plugs to whatever the charger uses and then continue the plugs you already have.

Just make a set of banana plugs to whatever the charger uses and then continue the plugs you already have.
This is what I did when I bought my ISDT charger, all my old chargers used bananas, so I just made an thing with an XT60 on one end and bullets on the other..

1698793924778.jpeg

I've been eyeballing this Gens Imars D300 charger that 700w on DC is rather nice https://gensacearespammers.com/gens...-ac-dc-300w-700w-rc-battery-charger-us-black/

I also hear really good things about the ISDT K2 Air https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Battery...cphy=9020641&hvtargid=pla-1292636716268&psc=1

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back