AVC Enabled - Car goes in circles!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazbot996

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got a SR6200A receiver, followed all the binding instructions, and enabled AVC on my DX5C radio. At first I thought it wasn't working as the wheels don't react when I pick it up and move it around like all the videos show. I decided to try it out, and it definitely is doing something... but... the car drives fine for a bit, and when I let off the gas, it goes full lock in one direction or the other, preferring to just go in circles. It even does it at speed, and will just flip itself over if I don't counter it. It simply wants to be in a circle in either direction. I don't understand where to troubleshoot, as I've re-bound it several times, and zeroed everything out. It's adhered flat (Senton 3S) inside the receiver box. Anybody have any idea?

I got a SR6200A receiver, followed all the binding instructions, and enabled AVC on my DX5C radio. At first I thought it wasn't working as the wheels don't react when I pick it up and move it around like all the videos show. I decided to try it out, and it definitely is doing something... but... the car drives fine for a bit, and when I let off the gas, it goes full lock in one direction or the other, preferring to just go in circles. It even does it at speed, and will just flip itself over if I don't counter it. It simply wants to be in a circle in either direction. I don't understand where to troubleshoot, as I've re-bound it several times, and zeroed everything out. It's adhered flat (Senton 3S) inside the receiver box. Anybody have any idea?
Did you calibrate the gyro?

By calibrate, you mean the binding process? Run the throttle full, brake, then steer left, right? That's the only calibration I did, and yes, several times.

By calibrate, you mean the binding process? Run the throttle full, brake, then steer left, right? That's the only calibration I did, and yes, several times.
No. You have to calibrate the actual gyro that is inside the reciever before and after you mount the reciever in the reciever box. The manual should tell you how to calibrate the gyro.

Welp. I must have missed a travel setting or something. I deleted the model from my controller memory and started a new one. Re-bound and calibrated, and it works perfectly.

In my defense - one thing that confused me is that all the videos like the one above behave differently than my receiver. The blinking lights don't blink the same on mine - no double blink at the end to "confirm" successful calibration. Confused me a bit thinking maybe I wasn't doing it right.

Appreciate the feedback...

Welp. I must have missed a travel setting or something. I deleted the model from my controller memory and started a new one. Re-bound and calibrated, and it works perfectly.

In my defense - one thing that confused me is that all the videos like the one above behave differently than my receiver. The blinking lights don't blink the same on mine - no double blink at the end to "confirm" successful calibration. Confused me a bit thinking maybe I wasn't doing it right.

Appreciate the feedback...
They really should update their videos, I mean that's from 2014.

Here's how to check if the AVC is correcting in the right direction. Turn on the TX then the RX, with AVC on hold the vehicle off the table, turn the vehicle to the right in a quick motion, the front tires should turn left. Turn vehicle to the left and front tires should turn right. If if doesn't you have to reverse the AVC direction and try again. Hope this helps.

I’ve been struggling with AVC for a while now on multiple Arrma vehicles. I am able to set AVC correctly but for whatever reason they car will turn in circles if I turn the knob down on AVC and then back up to full. Does this on multiple RX / TX that I have. Anybody have an idea why it’s doing this ?

I’ve been struggling with AVC for a while now on multiple Arrma vehicles. I am able to set AVC correctly but for whatever reason they car will turn in circles if I turn the knob down on AVC and then back up to full. Does this on multiple RX / TX that I have. Anybody have an idea why it’s doing this ?
Anytime you adjust that you have to rebind it, it says it in your manual 😎

No. You have to calibrate the actual gyro that is inside the reciever before and after you mount the reciever in the reciever box. The manual should tell you how to calibrate the gyro.
Broooo, where have you been!! 😳

^^^
That's why Spektrum $AVC Rx's$ suck. Horrible to set up. Yet some get lucky on the first try.
Wish I had a solution for ya. I don't.
Short of tossing that whole Radio setup.

^^^
That's why Spektrum $AVC Rx's$ suck. Horrible to set up. Yet some get lucky on the first try.
Wish I had a solution for ya. I don't.
Short of tossing that whole Radio setup.
Yea right, they obliterate the competition way out the water!! Its all I use!! 💯

Anytime you adjust that you have to rebind it, it says it in your manual 😎
Appreciate the info. I was reading the manual but never noticed it said by adjusting the AVC knob I would have to rebind. I presume the knob was able to be adjusted on the fly, so to speak, given the terrain you were driving on.

IMG_8874.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back