Spektrum Smart batteries with T-plug car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick

Reaction score
Hello.

Thinking of buying a Rival MT10 which apparently has a T-Plug connector. My other cars are mostly Arrma and all batteries are Spektrum Smart batteries with EC5 connectors. I like the smart functionality so I’d like to stick with Spektrum so wondered if…

-There was an adapter I can buy that will make these batteries work with the MT10?

-Whether that’s safe to do or if I’m going to melt something?

-I assume I’d retain the smart functionality of the batteries?

-Anything else to consider?

Thanks.

Hello.

Thinking of buying a Rival MT10 which apparently has a T-Plug connector. My other cars are mostly Arrma and all batteries are Spektrum Smart batteries with EC5 connectors. I like the smart functionality so I’d like to stick with Spektrum so wondered if…

-There was an adapter I can buy that will make these batteries work with the MT10?

-Whether that’s safe to do or if I’m going to melt something?

-I assume I’d retain the smart functionality of the batteries?

-Anything else to consider?

Thanks.

Smart telemetry is run through the esc.. so you will not have access to the battery voltage.. put an ec5 on the esc and run it.. 👍

Thanks for the reply. I’m not too technical so don’t fancy soldering a new connector onto a brand new car. Would much prefer an adapter if possible? I can live without the telemetry while it’s in the car, it’s more the smart charging I want to keep.

Does an adaptor exist? Anything else to consider?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not too technical so don’t fancy soldering a new connector onto a brand new car. Would much prefer an adapter if possible? I can live without the telemetry while it’s in the car, it’s more the smart charging I want to keep.

Does an adaptor exist? Anything else to consider?

Thanks.
It’s definitely preferable to solder on a new connector to your ESC. Any hobby shop could do that for you very cheaply. If you are willing to get a little voltage drop and increased resistance to your ESC, you can use these. Make certain to check the heat in these while running. Also, learn about LiPo safety. Watch some YT vids.
https://www.amazon.com/LinsyRC-5-Pack-Connector-Adapter-Battery/dp/B0B87CVXTP/ref=sr_1_10?crid=22Y2L7S0R1E5X&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.kNRmOx8WMT_ooPcz8FF9MHRmsLp7hk6uk0WEncAMisqJPHd6itxl9ZPQMd-BC6LJ8uwjkdJakJq7p53kLZWe1MV7_muCCXllXXYHPYUaJPg_TEffGopfAgDu5uzItzxc-duY6i34Hcltp_cPkD4hx_5SrHzrVrh5HyvU9T7c_-IW1r9LpVhBAl-hT512ruHBVAvn6Hmv7LY4_yoaSt4IS_Cmz0xX4yYNkcMG1hFM_XHzUWG9m-lmhtfSSXYS-Brx6OplH-yEDDYU54dexjCqzXBRXnON9k7N2_gnrFoF5Ec.3tIJt6nw0NiWYkKmks3ikwUrEcC-_Xy-xlULc8O806I&dib_tag=se&keywords=deans+to+ec5+adapter&qid=1712504468&sprefix=Deans+to+ec5,aps,113&sr=8-10

Back