Axial Ryft Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Have not seen any build threads for the Axial Ryft, so why not start one!

Got the kit version, and already have a pile of parts, still waiting on a few more.

Will be full Treal and Vitavon build, Castle MMX 2200kv and plan to run 4s. Will update as I go.

Will say that the actual kit was way cheaper than most the upgrades. Lol.

20230214_163857.jpg

Awesome cuz that's my next build!! Already got a list of all the parts I want. All Treal like yours. Still trying to decide on motor and esc.

You going with the single or dual transmission?

What color you dying the cage?

Awesome cuz that's my next build!! Already got a list of all the parts I want. All Treal like yours. Still trying to decide on motor and esc.

You going with the single or dual transmission?

What color you dying the cage?
Single speed trans. I am going with Vitavon axles. They seemed more expensive than the treal at first, but they have the full aluminum hubs, lower link brackets, front shock mounts, etc all part of it. Treal you have to buy them separately.

Have black dye, but only going to do it a few mins to get more of a Charcoal grey.
Beware...this thing got expensive. Lol. Dropped over $1k in just treal and Vitavon parts.

Single speed trans. I am going with Vitavon axles. They seemed more expensive than the treal at first, but they have the full aluminum hubs, lower link brackets, front shock mounts, etc all part of it. Treal you have to buy them separately.

Have black dye, but only going to do it a few mins to get more of a Charcoal grey.
Yup, single speed too.

Hmmmmmm....:unsure: thanks for that tip.

Just looked em up real quick......isn't this the same thing but Treal?
Screenshot_20230214_201844_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Lower link and shock mount would go here. Vitavon comes with that.

1676424618271.png

Guess Treal does also come with the hubs

I see I see said the blind man to his deaf brother who picked up the hammer and saw!!! :ROFLMAO: (y)🍻
So basically to add the mounts then the Treal are around $150 each. Vitavon are $180 each, but I like that the mounts are single piece as part of the axle. Also the rear just looks strout with that truss!!!

Last edited:
So basically to add the mounts then the Yreal are around $150 each. Vitavon are $180 each, but I like that the mounts are single piece as part of the axle. Also the rear just looks strout with that truss!!!
O yea! I've read that's a lot of weak points out the box....where links and stuff aren't all one piece.

My largest concern is the motor fitting. I have the Vitavon skid plate which is designed for a longer can up to 68mm. I have the Castle 1515 with is 75mm. May have to break out the dremel a bit.
Thinking I may have to notch out around 8mm of these two areas I have in red
Screenshot_20230214_211714_Chrome.jpg

Man these axles are beautiful.

20230220_142924.jpg

Decided against trying to mod the motor mount and skidplate to fit the 75mm 2200kv motor. Ordered a Castle 1512 2650kv. It is same diameter 42mm, but 68mm long. The Vitavon mounts I ordered are designed for the longer 4268 motor, so staying in that size. Just can't bring myself to start hitting that new 7075 aluminum with a dremel....considering how much that stuff cost me. Still designed for up to 9lb rigs, and this one will be less than 7lbs, so should be fine on 4s.

Last edited:
Front axle done. Didn't like the little bit of play in the diff, so added two shims on the gear side. The Arrma 6s diff shims fit perfect. Same shims you put on the diff exterior at the bulkhead, but put them between the bearing and the diff. Feels perfect, smooth, and no play.

20230220_203142.jpg
20230220_203215.jpg
20230220_210048.jpg

Also dyed the cage and parts with black dye. Hard to see, but came out a perfect Charcoal gray which is what I wanted. Going to paint the side panels silver to look like aluminum plates.

20230220_193222.jpg
20230220_200908.jpg
20230220_200914.jpg

Lookin' good man!!! 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back