Badland 3.8 and Backflip LP 4s tire weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering what the weight difference between the proline badlands and the backflip lp 4s tires are. Does anybody know/have experience with this?

Thanks!

I don’t have numbers for you, but I have used both tires on an MT410. They are very similar in weight.

I’d give the 4S backflips a slight edge in handling. I like how they drive better. They’re also much cheaper.

I’d give the badlands a slight edge in durability. The 4S backflips tear if you pump too much power to them. They aren’t as tough as the 6S backflips.

You really need the aluminum center hub with the badlands though, and they are very expensive. The 4S backflip wheels are very durable even with the plastic hex.

Without using a scale, My LP's are the heavier tire. Just by holding both each in my hand. Probably a negligeable small weight difference IMHO.
The Badlands have a slightly smaller diameter. A 3-4 mm diameter difference. Badlands seem to balloon more than my BF Lp's. Badlands have a softer rubber compound, are stickier rubber . Both have similar Moto-X tread design. But drive way different from each other. I'm sure the different Inner foams are part of this equation.
Unlike @dure16 , I have been through way more 6s BF's than BF LP's. So I feel the LP's are more durable for me, and how I drive. I like driving Low profile tires in general.
For Big Air, the 6s BF's are probably the better tire. Having more rotational response with more mass.
Tires are very subjective, to how you drive. PL tires are quite costly. Always been that way. And not necessarily the better tire.
My BF LP's found a permanent home on my Tekno MT410 now. Running 4s packs exclusively.
Much depends on the actual rig, driving style, and lipo packs you are running. So take this with a grain of salt. Your mileage will vary.
I always vent and balance ALL my tires. Makes a huge difference IMHO. Making sure they are glued very well, new right out the package. Poor factory gluing is what makes tires fail/ blow out most of the time. BSI IC-2000 is a good CA for gluing rubber. What I use. AKA also has good CA for the wheels. Check the tires beads often and add CA as needed. The Arrma manual even states doing this regularly.

Last edited:
Here I use Backflip LP on both K6exb and TalionXL. 6s battery in both. Perfect for jumping and bashing, very durable.
Have no experience with Badlands..

The latest 6S backflips are much thicker rubber than the LPs. LPs will sidewall tear if you look at them incorrectly, definitely make it a priority to stay off rough asphalt and anything larger than pea gravel.

Have had a lot of success with Badlands, better sidewall and wheel construction/aesthetics IMO. The weak point is the 3/4" hex adapter, rather have that break than the wheel spokes however. $30 for (4) RCAWD aluminum 0-offset replacements. Never weighed them but feel heavier than LPs. LPs took more weight to balance but that’s QC.

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_2051.jpeg

Thanks for all your help everyone! My friend actually has a set of 3.8 Prolines that he's willing to lend me to test! I'll have them by Thursday, and hopefully they compare pretty well to the lp's!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back