Best 3.8 LP tires: Sweeps Racing Terrain Crushers,Trenchers,Jetko SGT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Got some LP 3.8 road tires recently and like them a lot, Jetko Supersonics.

Looking for feedback for off road 3.8 LP tires in the under 6 inch diameter size. I've seen a little feedback on Sweeps Terrain Crushers and seems positive in general. The other options I know of are the 3.8 Trencher LPs & Jetko SGT 3
8 tires that come in 3 different tread patterns.

Any feedback is great, which rig, 4s or 6s, etc.

I understand the Proline and Jetko use the dreaded removable hubs. I've never broken one, but have only run 2.8 Prolines and no higher than 4s. I assume 3.8s on 6s will be more prone to breaking them. I've found generic aluminum replacement hubs $33 for a set of 4 that I'd be willing to try if needed.

I’ve also never broken one of the removable hubs, but I typically don’t overpower my rigs. Most of my off road 6s rigs run Max 6/1650 combos.
I know I’m in a minority on this opinion, but I don’t like Trenchers at all. Belted or not. They’re stupid heavy and don’t give the greatest traction on any surface except maybe for hard pack with loose gravel.
If you like Trenchers, keep an eye on the classifieds here. I’ll be selling several sets in different sizes (1/5, 1/8, 1/10) with one pack through them including additional size hexes, so essentially “as new.”

Yeah, Trenchers aren't my favorite by any means, but the 2.8MTs I have for my 2wd Stampede are good on 4s when its wet outside. I'd really love to find feedback on the Sweeps and Jetko's, they look pretty awesome but don't get mentioned much.

No offense @Dan B. . Just had to mention..✌🍻
No offense taken, a lot of people here are running 8s Castle combos. I like the 1650kv HW combos because they run cool (with fans) and are torquier than the Spektrum 2050’s.
That said, I am still running 2 Typhons, a NOTO, and a hybrid FrankenBeast on stock Spektrum 6s electronics with great results. I’ve heard a lot of people say that Spektrum setups suck, but I’d have to disagree. I’ve found them to be reliable and fast right out of the box. But I did have to add double motor fans and a better ESC fan for the NOTO, probably because of those giant tires.
Not a fan of their servos, though.

No offense taken, a lot of people here are running 8s Castle combos. I like the 1650kv HW combos because they run cool (with fans) and are torquier than the Spektrum 2050’s.
That said, I am still running 2 Typhons, a NOTO, and a hybrid FrankenBeast on stock Spektrum 6s electronics with great results. I’ve heard a lot of people say that Spektrum setups suck, but I’d have to disagree. I’ve found them to be reliable and fast right out of the box. But I did have to add double motor fans and a better ESC fan for the NOTO, probably because of those giant tires.
Not a fan of their servos, though.
Yeah, I get it. I agree, the max6 combo barely breaks a sweat in a 6s rig. I also agree bout the Firma 6s combo, while I don't own one, my bro has like 6 different rtr 6s Arrmas, all have performed very well thus far. Heck, he even loves the rtr servos! LOL. If it weren't for the wonky 23t spline size, I might actually try them..but, I have about a dozen aluminum 25t servo horns from China kicking around so, I'll just stick with the DS servos for now.

Im running a Max6, my biggest gripe on the Spektrum esc is no adjustment for LVC. Regularly cuts off around 3.6v. You can choose from short run times, heavier high mah battery or get a Max6 to replace.

I've got a set of 2.8" Proline's with the removable hubs, they lasted one run and all 4 hubs were cracked, no replacement stock in UK :(:mad:
I will never buy wheels with removable hubs EVER again..!!!
Well, there is that blasted removable hex problem with the Raid wheels..sorry to hear.

Heard about cracked hexes enough I already assume I'll need these if I buy Proline or Jetko tires with the removable hex.
Screenshot_20230907_164141_Chrome.jpg

Proline and Jetko hexes are interchangeable.

Yeah, Trenchers aren't my favorite by any means, but the 2.8MTs I have for my 2wd Stampede are good on 4s when its wet outside. I'd really love to find feedback on the Sweeps and Jetko's, they look pretty awesome but don't get mentioned much.

I saw a guy with SRC Terrain Crushers on his Fireteam build and asked if he liked them. “They look good but I do not recommend them. Not good for on or off road and they wear out quickly.” I woulda liked more info but that was all I got. 😂

Have you tried backflip LPs? Great all-terrain traction and affordable option but thin sidewall should you bash rocky terrain. Would also recommend balancing them for use on 6S

I saw a guy with SRC Terrain Crushers on his Fireteam build and asked if he liked them. “They look good but I do not recommend them. Not good for on or off road and they wear out quickly.” I woulda liked more info but that was all I got. 😂
I like my SRC Road Crushers on my FT but they are still a bit heavy and tall (143mm IIRC) for my liking since I do 98% on road bashing (launches and quick speed runs). They suck in the grass or dirt. Great for wheelies on pavement if you don't over gear it.

PXL_20230215_223027175.jpg

I want to try some 1/5 GRP (118mm tall) but they require JustBashIt 0.75" Square Wheel Hexes so it's a solid $150 cost for all the parts to upgrade and try.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back