BashingBrian's one day builds..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Short quick builds will go here...

Todays project, make 4-tec too fast to bash..!!😉🤣

IMG_8573.jpeg

Well that didn't last very long stock.. ( it was fun, brushed on 2s lipo with stock gearing, mind warping 22mph..!! )

IMG_8677.jpeg

Out with the Traxxass junk and in with Mod1 gearing and upgraded power..!!
Took it all apart to check it out, was very surprised by the diffs, these should be good and strong.

IMG_8680.jpeg

Previously I had been reading the Youtube and internets about the best way to go about fitting Mod1 gears, and it turns out all you need to do is grind a flat spot on the centre drive shaft and make some sort of spacer/reducer.
You all know me by now, no corners were cut as I've seen people remove the end support bearing because they couldn't get the spur to fit well not I.
I was going to machine a spur to be thinner but as luck would have it I saw one on eBay that had the correct dimensions. I made a plastic spacer from the original spur and then went and dropped it on the floor of my workshop, it was gone forever..🤣🤣 so I needed another solution, so how about a bearing inside a bearing.!!😎
Almost forgot to say, I also flipped the driveshaft around so the original spur pin hole wasn't next to the flat spot..👍🏼

IMG_8841.jpeg

Some test fitting, all good so far 👍🏼

IMG_8844.jpeg

It all fits like it came out of the factory like this 😉 The support bearing is still in the correct place next to 4x 0.5mm shims then spur gear, it has around 1.5mm of end float with no binding and no need for cutting or Dremeling of the chassis..!!

IMG_8846.jpeg

Quick look at the other side of the spur..

IMG_8681.jpeg

Quick look at the 32T spur, it's a hardened steel chinesium one 🤣🤣 (I got quite lucky as it's drilled and lightened 😎)

IMG_8838.jpeg

Some test fitting to get the mesh setup, again I was super lucky as fitting the motor in position B/B allowed me to fit a 16T pinion with perfect mesh, job done👍🏼
Still no cuts to the chassis or any of its parts, I really wanted a factory stock look..

IMG_8849.jpeg

Time for MORE power 😵‍💫, I was going to use a TpPower/Copperhead combo, but decided I wanted to make this fast on a budget 😎
( will save the TP for the Gorgon 🤣) Broke the first motor mount trying to adapt it for M4 bolts, so bought another and kept it M3 this time, also got a TSM rx so it will be more controllable..
This is the new G2 BL120 and for the cash it costs it's supposed to be very good.. (less than half the price of a brushless Traxxass system)

IMG_9048.jpeg

16T pinion, motor mount in B/B = perfect mesh 👍🏼

IMG_9053.jpeg

Quick cut n' shut solder job, off with the supplied XT60 and on with a XT90 😎

IMG_9059.jpeg

All in place, sitting nice and tidy

IMG_9054.jpeg

That's it for now, I'll post up some more soon..!! ( lets just say it was faster than before )

I love it when a plan comes together 😉

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 20.35.18.png

Last edited:
Great work so far.

I like the Chassis but there is so much flex in the suspension...
@LibertyMKiii .. Thx
I know, I was surprised how much the suspension moves, but in all the wrong directions 🤣🤣
I have a plan though 😎 ( and it doesn't involve GPM parts )

Update to finish the one day build..
This isn't a speed run build just an overly fast parking lot basher..

So after its maiden run at 22mph..!! It was out again with its new power plant, well it didn't last long as I managed to remove all 4 tyres with the power 🤣🤣🤣 The Mod1 gear mod works flawlessly, but some other flaws need to be sorted.

Back to the drawing board ( and the superglue 🤣🤣 ) as many have said the amount of suspension flex is ridiculous in these cars.
I decided to fix this issue with what you can see below..

Started with some carbon tubing that I thought I could make my own custom turnbuckles, FAIL 🤣 the tube just split when I tried to fit the inserts....
Kept the ball ends but junked the rod

IMG_9325.jpeg

Used some 15mm x M3 grub screws and screwed one long and one short ball end together and to my surprise it was the perfect length

IMG_9328.jpeg

10mm threaded spacer, used the original bolt holes that hold the rear of the chassis together but with slightly longer bolt, then bolted the ball end on top, plenty of movement and the suspension works just as fit should.

IMG_9327.jpeg
IMG_9336.jpeg

Works perfectly, no more rear suspension flex..!!
I had to order some turnbuckles for the front, so this will happen soon ( watch this space ) and not a GPM part anywhere in sight..!!😉🤣

IMG_9338.jpeg

As you may have noticed last week I had to fit an extra battery tray into the car because all my 3s batteries are 2mm too wide to fit in the stock tray..!!!🤬 ( I'm not going back to 2s )
This is a Corally battery tray bolted in from below through the chassis, it's real ugly but the only way my batteries fit.!!
I'm thinking about getting narrower batteries 🤔

IMG_9331.jpeg

To the eagled eyed members out there in forum land you may have noticed I posted this skid earlier in the week but I didn't say what it was for. ( OMG it's so hard to cut and drill Ti 😵‍💫 )
Well, now you know 😎

IMG_9334.jpeg
IMG_9335.jpeg

Now for the juicy bit, the speed..!!
About 10 minutes into the run the car did a Le Mans style backflip at almost top speed, so the body is now trashed 🙄😩

IMG_9358.jpeg
IMG_9359.jpeg
IMG_9361.jpeg

The final result was..............

IMG_9357.PNG

I'm happy with the speed, being as it's so small (1/10) it just seems soooo fast..!!
Fitting the rear suspension braces tightened the back end up nicely and it tracks nice and straight, can't wait to get the front done then I'll call it a day.
So for not much money at all I've more than doubled it's top speed, remember it started at 22mph and it now goes 50mph..!!

TBH I think if I had a bigger space it would probably do close to 60mph on this setup/gearing..!!!

I'm well happy for now, will be on the lookout for a cheap clear body soon..!!🙄

Last edited:
Short quick builds will go here...

Todays project, make 4-tec too fast to bash..!!😉🤣

View attachment 324237

Well that didn't last very long stock.. ( it was fun, brushed on 2s lipo with stock gearing, mind warping 22mph..!! )

View attachment 324238

Out with the Traxxass junk and in with Mod1 gearing and upgraded power..!!
Took it all apart to check it out, was very surprised by the diffs, these should be good and strong.

View attachment 324239

Previously I had been reading the Youtube and internets about the best way to go about fitting Mod1 gears, and it turns out all you need to do is grind a flat spot on the centre drive shaft and make some sort of spacer/reducer.
You all know me by now, no corners were cut as I've seen people remove the end support bearing because they couldn't get the spur to fit well not I.
I was going to machine a spur to be thinner but as luck would have it I saw one on eBay that had the correct dimensions. I made a plastic spacer from the original spur and then went and dropped it on the floor of my workshop, it was gone forever..🤣🤣 so I needed another solution, so how about a bearing inside a bearing.!!😎
Almost forgot to say, I also flipped the driveshaft around so the original spur pin hole wasn't next to the flat spot..👍🏼

View attachment 324240

Some test fitting, all good so far 👍🏼

View attachment 324241

It all fits like it came out of the factory like this 😉 The support bearing is still in the correct place next to 4x 0.5mm shims then spur gear, it has around 1.5mm of end float with no binding and no need for cutting or Dremeling of the chassis..!!

View attachment 324242

Quick look at the other side of the spur..

View attachment 324243

Quick look at the 32T spur, it's a hardened steel chinesium one 🤣🤣 (I got quite lucky as it's drilled and lightened 😎)

View attachment 324245

Some test fitting to get the mesh setup, again I was super lucky as fitting the motor in position B/B allowed me to fit a 16T pinion with perfect mesh, job done👍🏼
Still no cuts to the chassis or any of its parts, I really wanted a factory stock look..

View attachment 324246

Time for MORE power 😵‍💫, I was going to use a TpPower/Copperhead combo, but decided I wanted to make this fast on a budget 😎
( will save the TP for the Gorgon 🤣) Broke the first motor mount trying to adapt it for M4 bolts, so bought another and kept it M3 this time, also got a TSM rx so it will be more controllable..
This is the new G2 BL120 and for the cash it costs it's supposed to be very good.. (less than half the price of a brushless Traxxass system)

View attachment 324247

16T pinion, motor mount in B/B = perfect mesh 👍🏼

View attachment 324248

Quick cut n' shut solder job, off with the supplied XT60 and on with a XT90 😎

View attachment 324250

All in place, sitting nice and tidy

View attachment 324249

That's it for now, I'll post up some more soon..!! ( lets just say it was faster than before )

I love it when a plan comes together 😉

View attachment 324254
This is exactly what arrma should have done with the 3s line up..arrma should have put in metal center drive shaft and instead of a input spline into the diff ,it should have been a drive cup . instead arrma make a stupid plastic center drive shaft which in my opinion is junk ..looks like Traxx-ass beat arrma to it....

Finally got the last parts, so my Hotrod now has little too no slop..👍🏼
Turnbuckles, balls and spacers..

IMG_9606.jpeg
IMG_9608.jpeg
IMG_9609.jpeg

Added a few more shims in the front 6x4x0.2mm, three on one side and two on the other..

IMG_9618.jpeg

It's not perfect, but it works really well and best of all it's not GPM nor did it cost £45/$50 😉🤣

IMG_9611.jpeg
IMG_9615.jpeg

Till next time..👍🏼
Who knows what could be the next one day build..🤔
Thanks for watching

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back