Battery Fire....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
Our building's safety guy sent out an email with a bunch of links regarding lithium battery fires, and after seeing the @Hammer Down post with the E-bike fire, I thought I would share a few. Now these are Lithium-ion batts, so the risk is far less than a lithium polymer (LiPo) battery, but that's sorta the point of the safety dudes email, we take these for granted as being safe, but the results of a failure are just as catastrophic. And the biggest reminder is to be prepared, this link to a lab fire (no one was hurt) is sad in that smoke detectors worked but were ignored or not detected....
LabFire

This link I'll call dodging a bullet...
Lucky

and finally this YouTube link... there are far better videos out there of people doing stupid-fun stuff with batteries, but 2 things caught my eye in this one.
At the 3:10 mark he's jamming what looks like a screw driver into a can of diet coke, and all I can picture is the same guy later on at the ER with a screwdriver through his hand with a can of coke stuck in the middle...
At the 5:45 mark he fires a nail gun.... "this guy should'nt be allowed around tools" says the camera man whos now at the ER getting 16 penny nails removed ....
Tool Man

When I first got started with this crazy hobby I had no idea about the potential dangers of lithium polymer batteries. Thanks to everyone here they are storage charged and resting comfortably in battery bags in an old ammo can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back