Battery question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
O.K , so I have a single 6s battery and two 3s batteries (to pair up for 6s )for running in my 6s rigs , if I have an RC that takes a 3s , can/should I use the 3s ones or does it mess them up to pair up and use in the 6s rigs ? Don't want to buy another 3s battery for my other rc's if I don't have to .

O.K , so I have a single 6s battery and two 3s batteries (to pair up for 6s )for running in my 6s rigs , if I have an RC that takes a 3s , can/should I use the 3s ones or does it mess them up to pair up and use in the 6s rigs ? Don't want to buy another 3s battery for my other rc's if I don't have to .
You should always keep batteries as a pair, once you run one more than the other the batteries become mismatched.

You should always keep batteries as a pair, once you run one more than the other the batteries become mismatched.

Yes... If he uses both 3s lipos for his 3s rigs, to give them the same amount of cycles as his question seems to infer? They avoid that and its perfectly ok.

O.k. So basically I'm building a Pro-line MT 4x4 , installing all Arrma 6s BLX electronics , and want to see if 3s will be plenty for it , or have to go 4s . If 3s was to my liking ( power/speed/etc) , I wouldn't buy another 3s battery , and use the ones I have ( keeping track of how many times run to try and keep them even ) .

One use isn't going to hurt anything tbh. If it was that big of a deal to use one lipo one time, then you could fix it but running the second lipo one time and they would be back to balanced. ??

Agreed... He could use his 3s lipos to start off with but they wouldnt offer much performance at all. I think I'd be buying some 4S or preferably 6s lipos sooner than later.
I have 6s batteries , the Pro MT is much lighter than the Arrma rigs , I would think 6s would be way to much for it .

I would just alternate using the 3S lipos, that way they stay close enough to being the same. Maybe mark them, that way you know which one you've used first.

Yes... If he uses both 3s lipos for his 3s rigs, to give them the same amount of cycles as his question seems to infer? They avoid that and its perfectly ok.
Yes and no. What happens if on some of those cycles the packs only get used half way do to a breakage? Discharging them with a charger does not put the same load on the cells as using them does, so again the packs would become mismatched.

Yes and no. What happens if on some of those cycles the packs only get used half way do to a breakage? Discharging them with a charger does not put the same load on the cells as using them does, so again the packs would become mismatched.

You think that would cause problems ? I cant see it personally. A half charge difference would affect it by a tiny percentage and wouldnt even come close to being hazardous Imo... Theres a lot more chance that the cells are not IR matched from the factory in the 1st place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back