Battery Voltage Alarm and Cell Checker ¿

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Dave

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Anyone have any experience using these Adjustable Voltage Alarm and Cell Checker Module's ¿ I got a 5 pack off amazon for @ $10. I usually take pretty good care of my batteries but having the Smart Batteries say that I am over discharging them kinda sucks. So I thought if these work I can adjust a voltage I'm comfortable discharging to and hear a decently loud alarm. If not they weren't that expensive. Still waiting on a steering servo for my Big Rock so I haven't been able to test them yet. Bench test seemed to work tho. Any thoughts ¿

20210328_134353.jpg

I have them also. (2) 5 piece bulk packs. (cheap enough insurance).

Just understand that sometimes they can be defective and one Lipo alarm may trigger at different volts. Don't assume they are all working properly. First compare the cell volts of each lipo alarm with one lipo. To make sure the cell volt's readings are all the same. Then check them to what the Lipo Charger cell volts are reading.
I use these and they are great to have. Just that they are mass produced cheaply and not always accurate if you got a few bad ones. I had several bad ones. 3 out of the 10 were just No Good. Check first, you don't want to jeopardize your lipo's.
Just my observation.

I have them also. (2) 5 piece bulk packs. (cheap enough insurance).

Just understand that sometimes they can be defective and one Lipo alarm may trigger at different volts. Don't assume they are all working properly. First compare the cell volts of each lipo alarm with one lipo. To make sure the cell volt's readings are all the same. Then check them to what the Lipo Charger cell volts are reading.
I use these and they are great to have. Just that they are mass produced cheaply and not always accurate if you got a few bad ones. I had several bad ones. 3 out of the 10 were just No Good. Check first, you don't want to jeopardize your lipo's.
Just my observation.
Appreciate the input Src !
A bench test proved to be a success so far. Can't wait to get my servo to try it in the real world ! As I'm new the Spectrum Smart Batts., I'm still a bit skeptical on all the "smart" functions. I'll check before use to be sure they are accurate. Thanks again !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back