Kraton Bearings, bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snotbottom

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
Blew out the bearing on the front right on the Kraton. It was probably time for a tear down and rebuild anyway, although I was hoping to make it all the way to Winter before starting on that.
16949080556294970039729639511044.jpg

While trying to tear it down, I had two of the set screws that wouldn't let go. One I was able to break loose with a little heat, but the other I stripped out the hex and had to use an easy out.

I already had bearings on hand, but I should get another kit from Jim and see what else he might have for me to buy 😁.

Arrma bearings are not the best. I invested in trb rc bearings and have yet to have one fail. I have no experience with other brands.
Jims are just as good as TRBRC as is Fast Eddy.

Blew out the bearing on the front right on the Kraton. It was probably time for a tear down and rebuild anyway, although I was hoping to make it all the way to Winter before starting on that.View attachment 322730

While trying to tear it down, I had two of the set screws that wouldn't let go. One I was able to break loose with a little heat, but the other I stripped out the hex and had to use an easy out.

I already had bearings on hand, but I should get another kit from Jim and see what else he might have for me to buy 😁.
Great post above...

Keep in mind if you bash in dirt, rocks, etc. even dead grass I have sand and other particles that will get into the wheel bearings.

1. Yes, get some better bearings...do not get ceramic if bashing in the dirt
2. Keep some extras on hand. I have bags of 10 for the inside and outside wheel bearings for 6S rigs
3. Check them often. Every 2-3 bashes, check the wheels. Turn them, and if you hear a lot of crunchy and grit take the wheels and check the wheel hub bearings. Clean but definitely change if needed.

Serious dirt bashing it does not take long to get dirty. The key here is to check wheel bearings often, depending on your use case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back