Infraction Best 3s batteries for Infraction. Spektrum???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasARRMA88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
I just got my infraction today. Its my first ARRMA ever. All I have is Traxxas ID batteries. I already bought an adaptor to work with the trx to ec5 for now. I need to get yalls opinion on which brand holds up best and isn't over priced with at least a 50c and 5000Mah. I want to run 2 3s lipos.

I've been running Two red Dynamite reactions 5000mah 50c 3s in my new notorious I've had 1 week shy of a month and I've got close to 25 runs on them and honestly the feel like they keep getting better I get close to 45 minutes or more on them depending on what I'm doing I use a venom duo charger for them and have been taking good care of them as compared to my first couple 2s I've had

As far as price i feel they were a little high at $96 each from my LHS but being that they are dynamite you can probably find them cheaper on Horizons website

These
20190810_232627.jpg

I would say you can’t go wrong with any of these suggestions. I would only add that the Ovonics have been pretty good too. If I was a betting man, I would probably choose the Reaction 2.0. If I wanted to save weight, I would go SMC. If I wanted to save money, I’d go Ovonics.

My advice: Get the Turnigy Graphenes, after a lot of lipo's (30+) and member reviews these are the very best and not the most expensive ones.

Keep in mind you bought an awesome rc which needs good batteries, do not get cheap zoppower batteries with low or fake c ratings, you will regret it over time, i've been there.

My advice: Get the Turnigy Graphenes, after a lot of lipo's (30+) and member reviews these are the very best and not the most expensive ones.

Keep in mind you bought an awesome rc which needs good batteries, do not get cheap zoppower batteries with low or fake c ratings, you will regret it over time, i've been there.
I just wish they were hard case. ??‍♂️

Just as a comparison,

Mate and I went out last night with our new Infraction's, I used my Graphene's and he used his HRB's which are very good by the way..!!

My car lasted at least 7 minutes longer than his and we were both driving like we stole them..??

The Graphene's have so much punch its just criminal..?

Who cares if they're not hardcase, for the Infraction I'm not too worried..

I just wish they were hard case. ??‍♂️
Compared to other soft case batteries, the Turnigy Graphenes are made of iron. They have withstood s ton of abuse in my trucks. If there is one complaint it is that they are heavy and oversized compared to other comparable soft packs.

I think for now I will stick with my SMC hard case for the weight savings. That may change in the future. I’m probably going to keep the Typhon 6S as a street basher and speed runner. Not sure if it will see a jump yet.

I think for now I will stick with my SMC hard case for the weight savings. That may change in the future. I’m probably going to keep the Typhon 6S as a street basher and speed runner. Not sure if it will see a jump yet.
Your Typhon just breathed a sigh of relief ?

Your Typhon just breathed a sigh of relief ?
She’s still sealed in a box for now. Might get time to tear down and rebuild next weekend. Spent this weekend with grandkids and wrapping up my renovations around the house. Maybe get her on the road within the next few weeks.

Just as a comparison,

Mate and I went out last night with our new Infraction's, I used my Graphene's and he used his HRB's which are very good by the way..!!

My car lasted at least 7 minutes longer than his and we were both driving like we stole them..??

The Graphene's have so much punch its just criminal..?

Who cares if they're not hardcase, for the Infraction I'm not too worried..

How long did they last in total???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back