Notorious Garc’s Backyard Track and RC Shenanigans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garcbomber

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
Gotta be the best RC in the snow right?

Don’t be afraid to get them wet, they always clean up well!

EBA8092D-7FBB-4E12-B78B-CC0C9BFA066C.jpeg

EF37C9E3-0D68-4DC1-9860-A522BDE5BBB0.jpeg

Last edited:
The dirt bike type backflip tread works excellent in snow as well! I only run paddles on the rear for better turning radius in powder or loose dirt.

Last edited:
Well answering your question directly. No RC is the best for snow. :D The cold makes plastic brittle and the snow goes into places you don't want to have it. But if you are not afraid of braking something or to have to dry it after the run its a blast to be in the snow. As others also already stated cars with a big clearance are the best. Most important thing is, where I live there they put salt on the street so the snow melts down. Never drive there. Salt is very bad for the cars.

These aluminum RCAWD diffs come with just enough fluid to prevent corrosion 👍

Component material has better bead blasting and pin fit/finish than Arrma, we’ll see on quality…

Update-their aluminum alloy is too soft after a few packs through, egged out and caused extreme slop on the outdrive. Noticed fluid everywhere, junk 🗑 .

2598CBF7-04A9-4969-83B0-E588CF6F641E.jpeg

Last edited:
May not be a popular choice in this crowd but, for me the Xmaxx is the ultimate snow basher..huge ground clearance, light weight and tough as hell. My second favorite is the kaiju.
Bearings will be sacrificed for sure in any snow basher..take it or leave it🤷‍♂️😜😂😂
I understand the theory of plastics being brittle in cold, just never saw a difference in actual usage myself.
I'm experimenting with HT red (Gulf Elite)grease in all the bearings currently. I'm hoping it resists washout better than the vaseline that the factories seem to be using.. factory grease is fine for dry use but definitely doesn't hold up to snow/water for any length of time.

Agreed on the bigger/taller rigs being better for more snow accumulation to a limit where tracks are needed. Servicing bearings/diffs on an Arrma 6S is much easier for maintenance. Either way whatever puts the biggest smile on your face 🤭

Agreed on the bigger/taller rigs being better for more snow accumulation to a limit where tracks are needed. Servicing bearings/diffs on an Arrma 6S is much easier for maintenance. Either way whatever puts the biggest smile on your face 🤭
True, whatever puts a smile on is it!!👍
I gotta say, the TRX 8s diffs are a slick design. You can change outdrive bearings without taking the diffs apart..perfect for a snow basher!! Wish more companies would adapt that design..
I run my Arrmas and Corally in the snow too.. they hold up just fine as well, but I really prefer the HCG monster trucks for snow bashing. Just my spin✌🍻
RC Life in the fastlane!!😂😂

Last edited:
Some nice hard pack this week, didn’t really need the front tires installed today 😝

Supposed to be 45 tomorrow so the family enjoyed the snow while it was around!

no power lines harmed. Had to have weighed 20+lbs from the heavy snow too

View attachment 288138

Ur safe, those are communication lines, the upper ones are the danger!!😉😎🍻
Nice jump BTW.
Maybe move the ramp closer to the end of the road so as not to hit the lines? I know, silly idea!! LOL
Send it🤘

Last edited:
Back