Use Kraton/Outcast 8S wheels/tires on a Xmaxx/XRT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but at the same time no. Arrma wheels don’t have enough offset and will rub on the arms of the Xmaxx/XRT. You’ll need hub extensions to get past that.

Yes, but at the same time no. Arrma wheels don’t have enough offset and will rub on the arms of the Xmaxx/XRT. You’ll need hub extensions to get past that.
Any recommended products?

You can get GPM wheel hexes on Ebay... all you need are the 13mm wide ones as the stock hexes are 10mm wide, the extra 3mm is enough to make room, and as you stated already, you'll need different wheel nuts

Wifey has copperheads on her xrt without extensions but steering angle turned down a bit to combat the rims digging into arms. Damaged arms a lil but work fine. I run gpm extensions on one xrt and m2c on another. The gpm extensions had poop tolerances on 2 parts that made me end up having to replace parts to take it off cause it was stuck on after I had to hammer it to fit so I couldn't change bearings 🤣.

You could get lucky and have no problems as the replacement piece I bought after I had to replace a whole slew of parts to change bearings was fine. Hot racing also makes them now for same or cheaper than gpm.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1056998764

These wheel nuts work but they require a 25mm wrench socket? To put on and take off. I didn't realize that I needed a new tool to use them but home depot fixed that for a few dollars. 🤣

I've used both the JBI wheelnuts, with centering rings for 18mm center hole, and the BAS wheelnuts from WFO which do not have the centering rings.. no problems with either. The Rovan or Rofun sold on ebay and AliEx should work fine. I agree with @Matt05 , lack of proper offset will require hub extensions to run without rubbing. There are several ways to get there, the M2C setup is likely the best considering they use 7075 billet axles to acheive the needed offset. I have the BAS made parts that WFO sells. Work great, but more expensive and steel stub axles are much heavier than stock TRX or even M2C aluminum versions. I'm not an advocate for just slapping extensions onto stock stubs, they won't hold up long term to hard bashing.
Another option I've recently discovered is to buy GPM complete axle upgrades, then use HPI Baja 1/5 hub extensions. This will net you beefier drive axles and steel stubs (heavy), but should prove to be pretty strong I think. I just priced it out, here in the US it would run me about $150. And each wheel would be +1" extended.

..these.
https://www.amazon.com/GPM-Racing-T...mzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10
Combined with these..
https://www.dgiracing.com/dgi-extenders-1-baja-set-for-baja-hpi/

Oh, and you'll still need appropriate wheelnuts which will be standard 1/5 scale 18mm. Should be able to source those fairly easy and cheap. Maybe find some Arrma 8s takeoffs?

Last edited:
IMO, the wheel nuts from Monster RC are the best, they use a factory traxxas wheel nut wrench if you'd like, they're serrated on the back and hold very well, and look awesome to boot

Screenshot_20240213-113319_Chrome.jpg

IMO, the wheel nuts from Monster RC are the best, they use a factory traxxas wheel nut wrench if you'd like, they're serrated on the back and hold very well, and look awesome to boot
I almost bought those but ended up with the JBI instead. They use a 17mm wrench, the BAS wheelnuts from WFO use a 19mm wrench.I prefer the JBI myself due to the fact that I have 17mm wheel wrenches a plenty..19mm is odd for my daily use.

I'd like to update that the gentlemen's YT vid I posted above replied to a comment I made on the video. He said the GPM driveshafts didn't hold up.. he went back to stock I think.

I almost bought those but ended up with the JBI instead. They use a 17mm wrench, the BAS wheelnuts from WFO use a 19mm wrench.I prefer the JBI myself due to the fact that I have 17mm wheel wrenches a plenty..19mm is odd for my daily use.

I'd like to update that the gentlemen's YT vid I posted above replied to a comment I made on the video. He said the GPM driveshafts didn't hold up.. he went back to stock I think.
I really love the fact that the jbi uses 17mm as well. So damn good lol! those hot racing 25mm ones were the first ones I ever bought and I had a fat wtf on my face when I realized I couldn't use them without a new tool :ROFLMAO:

I really love the fact that the jbi uses 17mm as well. So damn good lol! those hot racing 25mm ones were the first ones I ever bought and I had a fat wtf on my face when I realized I couldn't use them without a new tool :ROFLMAO:
25mm?! WTF?!😬🤣🤣 who the heck has a 25mm socket laying around outside of an auto mechanic? I thought 19mm was ridiculous, LOL.

25mm?! WTF?!😬🤣🤣 who the heck has a 25mm socket laying around outside of an auto mechanic? I thought 19mm was ridiculous, LOL.
I'm so noob with tools I have to buy everything anyway so I didn't even know it was that uncommon. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

While we're on the subject.... here's the Monster RC wheel nuts and DBXLE 2.0 tires/wheels in case any of you ever wondered how it would look😎

20210205_201749.jpg

How did it perform?
Unfortunately, terrible.... it dusted those tires off like they weren't even there and made a squirrely truck even harder to drive... I was pretty pissed because I had alot of money wrapped up in those tires/wheels and I loved the way it looked... I would suspect they would be alot better on an XRT, or maybe a Xmaxx with big hex extensions and the ride height slammed down, but for me, they were only good for a cool picture lol

Unfortunately, terrible.... it dusted those tires off like they weren't even there and made a squirrely truck even harder to drive... I was pretty pissed because I had alot of money wrapped up in those tires/wheels and I loved the way it looked... I would suspect they would be alot better on an XRT, or maybe a Xmaxx with big hex extensions and the ride height slammed down, but for me, they were only good for a cool picture lol
Forgive my ignorance, but what tires are those? I do like the Monster RC wheelnuts, look good.👌
Here's the JBI and BAS wheelnuts. I only paid $107 for the stubs, hubs and wheelnuts from BAS 2 years ago. Last I checked, they totalled up to $190 from WFO. Which was some time ago. I never bought anything from WFO, but they seem quite pricey.

20220325_143425.jpg

20220325_143417.jpg

20220324_204447.jpg

Back