Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab Castle equipped!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hybridfire907

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
got tired of the arrma speed controller not listening to me. bought the sidewinder 4 SCT kit, paired with the 1410-3800kv motor. it is everything a proper truck should be now. its also got a spektrum Rx in it now too, my transmitter is a spektrum dx5c.

im going to throw the 3200kv arrma motor back in once i get some motor wire extensions so i can actually get it installed with the new ESC. im interested to see which motor i like better with the new ESC.

here are some pics! i couldnt find very much of anything for the BRCC when it came to different motors and ESCs, enjoy! videos soon!

Attachments

• IMG-1126.JPG
    IMG-1126.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG-1127.JPG
    IMG-1127.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-1128.JPG
    IMG-1128.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 141
Just watch your temps. I ran that motor in my Granite and it would get hot. It's now in my Senton.

Just watch your temps. I ran that motor in my Granite and it would get hot. It's now in my Senton.
yeah it does get a little hot, says its safe to 180C, but thats super hot! i will be putting the arrma 3200kv back in untill i pick up a 1415-2600kv or something. :D

ill put the 1410-3800kv in my TRX-4 or something silly

yeah it does get a little hot, says its safe to 180C, but thats super hot! i will be putting the arrma 3200kv back in untill i pick up a 1415-2600kv or something. :D

ill put the 1410-3800kv in my TRX-4 or something silly

I ran a 1512-2650 for a while but it just kept breaking the wheel driveshafts. I ended up moving it to my Rock Rey.

See I knew there was a reason I've yet to install my MM2/2200kv in the brcc lol
the 3800kv is a blast and a definite upgrade over the stock setup. if i can manage to keep the temps down, and it has enough torque ones summer and traction comes around, id run it forever.

i have yet to break any driveshafts, knock on wood, i have replacements ready though.

i hate the shocks though, i snapped an upper eyelet and im having trouble finding an aluminum replacement.

Ok so im not liking how my car won't go when i want it to and sometimes it wont back up at all, dose this sound about right. Would a dif ecs change that

Ok so im not liking how my car won't go when i want it to and sometimes it wont back up at all, dose this sound about right. Would a dif ecs change that

A different ESC should get rid of the delay. The backing up issue is universal to all ESC's. You have to be fully stopped and then back to neutral and back to brake. Every ESC is like this.

I have trouble getting into reverse sometimes but it’s just my finger and the transmitter. To reverse typically have to engage the break return the trigger to nutral and then it will reverse. Sometimes I don’t get it all the way nutral after the brake.

The blx100 is lame though, it won’t apply full power if it doesn’t think it should. I highly recommend replacing it.

A different ESC should get rid of the delay. The backing up issue is universal to all ESC's. You have to be fully stopped and then back to neutral and back to brake. Every ESC is like this.
Ok now im getting somewhere. The motor seems to have lots of pwr, what would be a the best esc to go with

Ok now im getting somewhere. The motor seems to have lots of pwr, what would be a the best esc to go with

As long as you run a sensorless motor like the BLX 100, you run the risk of cogging. If you want to guarantee it won't cog, you need a sensorless setup. And then you lose waterproof status when you sensor lead is plugged in. Is it really that bad? Can you shoot some video?

As long as you run a sensorless motor like the BLX 100, you run the risk of cogging. If you want to guarantee it won't cog, you need a sensorless setup. And then you lose waterproof status when you sensor lead is plugged in. Is it really that bad? Can you shoot some video?
Can you explain a bit better about unplugging the sensor wire, sometimes when i get hung up it wont back up at all

Can you explain a bit better about unplugging the sensor wire, sometimes when i get hung up it wont back up at all

My understanding is that if the sensor wire is plugged in and water gets in there, it will screw up the motor. If you don't have it plugged in then the sensor module is inactive and water can't harm anything. You don't have a sensor wire to worry about though. As far as not backing up at all, what do you mean by hand up? And man we jacked this guy's thread.

I'm running the Mamba X with the 1415 2400kv motor and it's the sweet spot for me on the granite. On 2S I can run pack after pack after pack and it will never get above 115 degrees. Even on 3S I rarely get above 137, and I'm using the 26T pinion.
I'm guessing you will like the way the arrma motor feels better.

I'm running the Mamba X with the 1415 2400kv motor and it's the sweet spot for me on the granite. On 2S I can run pack after pack after pack and it will never get above 115 degrees. Even on 3S I rarely get above 137, and I'm using the 26T pinion.
I'm guessing you will like the way the arrma motor feels better.
Ok so the mamba esc how many amps is it, i really do like the responce time on my set up ive got about 150$ to through into a motor and esc or can i get awY aith just getting a new esc?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back