Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab Castle equipped!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so the mamba esc how many amps is it, i really do like the responce time on my set up ive got about 150$ to through into a motor and esc or can i get awY aith just getting a new esc?

You wont get much out of replacing the ESC. I would focus more on the motor.

The Mamba X and Sidewinder are very similar, the mamba x just has an all aluminum housing, a little different circuitry, and data logging. Which my analytical brain loves but it really is massive overkill.

I've never been able to find good data on Castle ESC amp ratings, so I cant really answer but based on feel I would say 100-120.

You wont get much out of replacing the ESC. I would focus more on the motor.

The Mamba X and Sidewinder are very similar, the mamba x just has an all aluminum housing, a little different circuitry, and data logging. Which my analytical brain loves but it really is massive overkill.

I've never been able to find good data on Castle ESC amp ratings, so I cant really answer but based on feel I would say 100-120.

The BEC in the sidewinder is trash. 5v. Pass.

My understanding is that if the sensor wire is plugged in and water gets in there, it will screw up the motor. If you don't have it plugged in then the sensor module is inactive and water can't harm anything. You don't have a sensor wire to worry about though. As far as not backing up at all, what do you mean by hand up? And man we jacked this guy's thread.

Is the senor wire different than the temp wire on Hobbywings?

I was reading what i said earlier and for some reason my phone says what it want to say. So please tell what i need to change, i don't want to loose speed but want more power, should i just go and get a 3s battery will that make my front tires lift like idk.

I was reading what i said earlier and for some reason my phone says what it want to say. So please tell what i need to change, i don't want to loose speed but want more power, should i just go and get a 3s battery will that make my front tires lift like idk.

I'd start with a 3s battery.

The BEC in the sidewinder is trash. 5v. Pass.

I never got on board with the designer servos so the BEC doesn't make too much of a difference to me. The concept of buying a $150 servo just so I can then be forced to buy a new ESC so I can take advantage of said servo is not a methodology I subscribe too.

But yes, Mamba X has like 8V or something.

I never got on board with the designer servos so the BEC doesn't make too much of a difference to me. The concept of buying a $150 servo just so I can then be forced to buy a new ESC so I can take advantage of said servo is not a methodology I subscribe too.

But yes, Mamba X has like 8V or something.

But 5v will make a mediocre servo just terrible.

I think the Mamba X is a far superior esc compared with the sidewinder series.

But 5v will make a mediocre servo just terrible.

I think the Mamba X is a far superior esc compared with the sidewinder series.

The Mamba X is certainly superior, but it's not going to make the OPs rig faster, that was my only point.

My Turnigy servos work just fine on 5V.

the 3800kv is a blast and a definite upgrade over the stock setup. if i can manage to keep the temps down, and it has enough torque ones summer and traction comes around, id run it forever.

i have yet to break any driveshafts, knock on wood, i have replacements ready though.

i hate the shocks though, i snapped an upper eyelet and im having trouble finding an aluminum replacement.
i use the proline big bore definetly way better then those leaky ol ones

I'm considering buying the chassis and driveshaft and switching my Granite over. That Castle 2400kv barely fits in the Granite chassis, and I have to take the radio box out to remove/service the motor mount/slipper assembly.

20190126_102036.jpg

Wow that motor is big, what kinda top speed you get with that?
I haven't taken it down the street with the GPS but I would say based on my kraton (62.4mph on 6S) I would guess mid 50s on 3s, and I have. 4s Pack I have not tried yet. Will report as soon as I get to it.

So momba X ecs with my blx 100 motor will work?
Yeah, pretty sure any brushless motor will work with any brushless ESC. The mamba x is a sensored ESC but you don't have to use a sensored motor with it.

Yeah, pretty sure any brushless motor will work with any brushless ESC. The mamba x is a sensored ESC but you don't have to use a sensored motor with it.
Good cuz i really don't like how it responds, and i cant even get the front wheels to lift up

I’m gonna hook up the stock 3200kv arrma motor to my sidewinder 4 this weekend. I’ll post the results!

I hated my stock blx100 esc. No power if any resistance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back