Bigger tyres for Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krel

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to get some bigger wheels/tyres for my typhon 3s, I do a mix of grass, pavement and woodland driving, I was looking at the proline badlands mx28 and the proline trencher, I don't bash to daft levels but I do enjoy a blast about. Any help on which would be the best out of the two? I've also looked at the duratrax tyres and thought about trying a set of the tyres that come on the vortex. Thank you for any help

I run mainly on dirt, grass, gravel, and pavement, I have Badlands on my Mojave and they are great for all these surface types. I also have a set of belted Trenchers that came with the Mojave, and I don't care for them on grass but they are great in dirt (the original owner ran in on his dirt track with them) and they are good on pavement as well. My Big Rock (basically same as your Typhon) is still running stock tires which are good all around tires. Granite stock tires are a good, budget friendly tire to use as well.

Note: If you get the Pro Line tires be sure to get an extra set of removable hubs to keep on hand for spares. I had one crack on my badlands which are 3.8 and use the 8x32 hubs and a crack on one of my 2.8 Trenchers which use the 6x30 hubs. You get a set of 4 for about $9. I don't know why they cracked, maybe I over tightened them, but I have extra now just in case.

OK that's brilliant mate thank you for the tips I'll order the extra adaptors. Have you had much luck with after market shocks as well? I'm tired of rebuilding mine and I snapped a shock rod the other day so I'm looking to replace them all together now

OK that's brilliant mate thank you for the tips I'll order the extra adaptors. Have you had much luck with after market shocks as well? I'm tired of rebuilding mine and I snapped a shock rod the other day so I'm looking to replace them all together now
I have not had to replace any shocks yet knock on wood! There is a great thread under suspension that talks about the options for 3s rigs and all the parts needed.

I run mainly on dirt, grass, gravel, and pavement, I have Badlands on my Mojave and they are great for all these surface types. I also have a set of belted Trenchers that came with the Mojave, and I don't care for them on grass but they are great in dirt (the original owner ran in on his dirt track with them) and they are good on pavement as well. My Big Rock (basically same as your Typhon) is still running stock tires which are good all around tires. Granite stock tires are a good, budget friendly tire to use as well.

Note: If you get the Pro Line tires be sure to get an extra set of removable hubs to keep on hand for spares. I had one crack on my badlands which are 3.8 and use the 8x32 hubs and a crack on one of my 2.8 Trenchers which use the 6x30 hubs. You get a set of 4 for about $9. I don't know why they cracked, maybe I over tightened them, but I have extra now just in case.
Those hub adapters are far from all that. They will always crack. I now avoid those wheels at all costs from PL. At some point you will just need the PL optional Alloy hub adapters and they cost a bundle. PL always knew that their plastic hubs break/crack. It's why they released the Alloy Hubs out the gate when the wheels were first released.
So keep replacing the plastic hubs or just BITE the bullet and get the $Alloys$. $86.00USD for 4 of them. (6x30 size) $94.00USD for 8x32 hubs.
PL is out of their minds with these insulting prices. But once you buy these wheels you are sucked in. :mad: Wallet and all.
I refuse to. PL disappoints me these days.
They use the hub adapter design to keep wheel inventory low so the wheel can be a one size fits all, while making some more coin. Just playing devils advocate here. I don't feel the PL's are $practical$. PL thinks many RC 'ers are stupid enough to buy into this BS wheel design. And try leaving an honest review on their website. It will never show up.:mad:
But for many, they become a needless expensive proposition..:rolleyes:
There are many other better brands of tires/wheels to choose from IMHO. Some of PL's wheels are still one piece.(y) All that I would consider.
Just me.:cool:

https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-6x30-to-14mm-aluminum-hex-adapters/PRO634600.html

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...o-offset-aluminum-hex-adapters/PRO635600.html

Last edited:
I have not had to replace any shocks yet knock on wood! There is a great thread under suspension that talks about the options for 3s rigs and all the parts needed.
OK cool ill check it out, I got my typhon just before the version 3 released and I've got the shoddy transmitter as well lol I've always planned on sorting out the few issues it has but out of the rc cars I've got I use it the least so it's always been on the back burner

I have run the trenchers on several cars and love them.
PL makes decent tires across the board. Decent traction. (y)
Just Not sold on the hub adapter design. Got burned once with a set on my TA SCT.
PL gluing can be poor at times like with many other brands. PL is pricey.
PL is best for Bodies and some tires. What they are known for. I would stay away from their Shocks. Been there also. Cust support was a joke.
HH now Owns PL. A good thing. Hope HH turns things around for PL. They were mismanaged and almost went belly up. HH ended up buying PL recently.
I see PL/HH is now more focused on Arrma now with upgrade tires ( On Road stuff) and bodies now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back