Looking for new 1.9 crawler tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I 💖Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
So the stock ones that came on my scx10 iii ripped the tyre so im looking into new ones. I'd like something with knows that go onto the sidewall and are extremely soft (the stocks don't give enough) and can someone also reccomend foam? Bonus point if the tyres are modled after 1:1 scale tyres

Pit bull rock beast look scale and perform excellent, rock beast xor are out of this world but loose a bit of the scale look

Pit bull rock beast look scale and perform excellent, rock beast xor are out of this world but loose a bit of the scale look
My dad actually used pit bull rockers on his jeep but I've heard they aren't soft compound wise

My dad actually used pit bull rockers on his jeep but I've heard they aren't soft compound wise
Make sure they're genuine pit bulls not Chinese knock offs that say rocks tire...no comparison. They may look acacty the same but the difference in compound is like night to day

I just kept thinking of this and have share more, I've gone down the what tire trail...kind of obsessed on it for a while. Pics to show some I've tried, proline hydra on the trx-6, the pit rock beast, rc4wd Goodyear duratrac (the tall ones, 2 sizes available) the stock trx 4 canyon that I cut and siped, the biggest are pit bull rock beast xor 2.2's. During my search I read that the 2.2 rock beast xor where the best tire for snow after trax, they are expensive so I saw the Chinese imitations and they practically give them away compared to genuine pit bulls. Well, I learned my lesson, the Chinese rocks tyre just spin on any surface, might be good for drifting cause I'm sure they will never wear out. Was so annoyed at the pour grip I went and got the genuine xor, wow! With no foams they crush together super easy and stick together inside. These are the softest rubber I've ever seen. If you want a softer tire, you need to have the right foams to suit your wants, if you want the sidewall to smoosh down easy you need a soft single stage foam. If you want a soft tread but don't want to ride on the rims when turning or side hilling a 2 stage foam is the best. Soo many options out there and it's to suit different driving styles, surfaces and what you want your tire to do.

20230918_103547.jpg

20230918_103425.jpg

20230918_103748.jpg

20230918_103801.jpg

20230918_103820.jpg

20230918_103630.jpg

I just kept thinking of this and have share more, I've gone down the what tire trail...kind of obsessed on it for a while. Pics to show some I've tried, proline hydra on the trx-6, the pit rock beast, rc4wd Goodyear duratrac (the tall ones, 2 sizes available) the stock trx 4 canyon that I cut and siped, the biggest are pit bull rock beast xor 2.2's. During my search I read that the 2.2 rock beast xor where the best tire for snow after trax, they are expensive so I saw the Chinese imitations and they practically give them away compared to genuine pit bulls. Well, I learned my lesson, the Chinese rocks tyre just spin on any surface, might be good for drifting cause I'm sure they will never wear out. Was so annoyed at the pour grip I went and got the genuine xor, wow! With no foams they crush together super easy and stick together inside. These are the softest rubber I've ever seen. If you want a softer tire, you need to have the right foams to suit your wants, if you want the sidewall to smoosh down easy you need a soft single stage foam. If you want a soft tread but don't want to ride on the rims when turning or side hilling a 2 stage foam is the best. Soo many options out there and it's to suit different driving styles, surfaces and what you want your tire to do.

View attachment 322939

View attachment 322940

View attachment 322941

View attachment 322942

View attachment 322943

View attachment 322944
Pit bull xors and single stage soft foams got it. I've also heard that you want the fronts to be slightly softer than the rear foams. Is that true
Screenshot_20230918-112656_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Would you reccomend this or the xor I feel like the gaps between the xor lugs are to much to be useful on dirt and rocks

Last edited:
Pit bull xors and single stage soft foams got it. I've also heard that you want the fronts to be slightly softer than the rear foams. Is that true
Maybe? Depends on who and where I guess, it would make sense cause the front do all the turning. Sidehilling will stress all tires. I put two stage in my scx6 cause it would roll onto the rims constantly with the stock ones. I've become a bit of a pitbull fanboy and even got pitbulls for my scx6, 3.8 rims instead of 2.9

20221211_111717.jpg

20221211_091605.jpg

Maybe? Depends on who and where I guess, it would make sense cause the front do all the turning. Sidehilling will stress all tires. I put two stage in my scx6 cause it would roll onto the rims constantly with the stock ones. I've become a bit of a pitbull fanboy and even got pitbulls for my scx6, 3.8 rims instead of 2.9

View attachment 322950

View attachment 322952
2.2s are cool but id rather have 1.9s so I can have more flex

Was out trailing with a group and one kid 5-6 yrs old had a trx-4 sport with rock beast and he was followling his dad everywhere that was using a fully moded competition crawler! Not mention blowing everybody's mind
2.2s are cool but id rather have 1.9s so I can have more flex
There is xor in 1.9 but haven't got them yet cause they look a bit weirder and are even more expensive! Only got the 2.2 cause of their snow ability I read about

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back