Granite Biggest motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBone315

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 85a spektrum motor with an esc. I have the granite 550 mega. Is there another motor I could put in it besides the 85a?

You can go with a brushless system if you want more power but it’s not worth staying with a brushed system. Depending on which version mega you have, a few to several parts will also need to be upgraded.

I should of said it's a brushless 85a spektrum motor. Lol.
Already upgraded the servo as putting in the new engine the stock servo couldn't keep up and burnt out

85a is likely the rating on your esc rather than your motor. Do you have the motor specs? What batteries are you using? Is the esc rated for 3S? What other upgrades have you done to the car?

I've fit the 4074 motor in my Granite but it's really tight, I'm now running a 4s 4068 but it's also a tight fit with the SWB. For that small ESC I wouldn't run bigger than the stock 3200kv 3s motor.

Spektrum spmxsm1400 firma 4000kv brushless motor the esc came with the new motor. It's rated for 2/3s. I just bought a 3s 11.1 5000mah 50c lipo battery from power hobby and this truck goes 50 for sure!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back