Biomimetic Robots // Figure 01

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Automated assembly lines started out the same, but now almost everyone uses them. They went from having huge staffs that require salaries, retirement, insurance, etc, to an automated line with a few repair techs. I don’t think we are in any immediate danger of having our jobs completely taken, but man I don’t think it’s far off.
At Texas instruments the entire factory is automated. We were crazy busy fixing the robots 24/7.
With that said it is semiconductor manufacturing that has to remain clean room perfect quality.

I think it depends on the tolerance needed for the robot's movements get before repairs. If it is not really sensitive you can run them till failure and require much less maintenance.

At Texas instruments the entire factory is automated. We were crazy busy fixing the robots 24/7.
With that said it is semiconductor manufacturing that has to remain clean room perfect quality.

I think it depends on the tolerance needed for the robot's movements get before repairs. If it is not really sensitive you can run them till failure and require much less maintenance.
Man I love Texas Instruments! We had one of their all flash storage arrays before it was a common thing. The support was next level. I’d call in and talk to an actual engineer who helped design the storage array.

How many people do you think the machines displaced in workers vs repair techs?

Man I love Texas Instruments! We had one of their all flash storage arrays before it was a common thing. The support was next level. I’d call in and talk to an actual engineer who helped design the storage array.

How many people do you think the machines displaced in workers vs repair techs?

I don't know what sort of staffing was required before the factory went fully automated.
I believe it has always been robotic and they just implemented more and more automation as the years went on.

There is a day staff and night staff and it took a large number of us to keep the place running.

I don't know what sort of staffing was required before the factory went fully automated.
I believe it has always been robotic and they just implemented more and more automation as the years went on.

There is a day staff and night staff and it took a large number of us to keep the place running.
Interesting! Thanks for the inside view! Been a long time lover of TI, I started off programming formulas in junior high on their calculators. By high school I had a full on text-based game.

Some of the articles I’ve read said they were able to cut their force in half, and have plans to increase that further.
Source
“Not all the people are working very hard, but the robots are working hard,” the CEO noted. Indeed. In the past year, after installing sophisticated automated equipment, the number of human factory workers had fallen from 3,500 to about 1,800. And yet productivity has boomed.”

~ “A few years from now, the CEO predicted, the company will need only about 800 production workers.“

Interesting! Thanks for the inside view! Been a long time lover of TI, I started off programming formulas in junior high on their calculators. By high school I had a full on text-based game.

Some of the articles I’ve read said they were able to cut their force in half, and have plans to increase that further.
Source
“Not all the people are working very hard, but the robots are working hard,” the CEO noted. Indeed. In the past year, after installing sophisticated automated equipment, the number of human factory workers had fallen from 3,500 to about 1,800. And yet productivity has boomed.”

~ “A few years from now, the CEO predicted, the company will need only about 800 production workers.“

What many people don't know is that TI produces 40-60% of the chips in electronic devices, cars, headphones, computers, phones etc.
Everyone knows them for the calculators but they are in everything.

I worked there about 7 years ago. It was interesting but not something my body could tolerate long term standing for 13 hr shifts.

Depending what was on this wafer it was usually big lost $$$ when the robots would break one like this.

1709515992964.png

What many people don't know is that TI produces 40-60% of the chips in electronic devices, cars, headphones, computers, phones etc.
Everyone knows them for the calculators but they are in everything.

I worked there about 7 years ago. It was interesting but not something my body could tolerate long term standing for 13 hr shifts.

Depending what was on this wafer it was usually big lost $$$ when the robots would break one like this.

View attachment 352427
That does look costly! That robot was hungry for some silicon wafers!

You’re right, they are in everything. I really had no idea how big they were until we got that storage array. I was told pretty much every device that plugs into a wall or has a battery will have a TI chip in it. So that’s pretty much everything 😂

Your premise makes sense, but as I speculated, by the time we knew we were at war, it would be over. Machines control everything from electricity, water, and food supply, all the way up to satellites and GPS. Most would last mere days after the water was shut off, and I’m sure that would be just one attack vector.

Edit: Rewrote this a few times to not sound doomsdayish 😂. I think our best hope is to never let it get this far
We would take casualties in cities that rely on computer automation for those modern luxuries, but rural areas are not dependent on computers for food, water or shelter. We’ve only been relying on computers for the last few decades and electricity for the last 200 or so. Most can survive without them now.
You have to think about the entire human population and how difficult it would be to eliminate or control everyone if war of the machines were to breakout. It’s an interesting thought exercise but humans have the ability to destroy what we invent and adapt to an environment, even subterranean if need be.
You don’t need computers or even electricity to get fresh water, just a well. You don’t need computers for food or shelter just the ability to build or harvest with basic hand tools. Extracting resources does not require electricity it just makes it easier. We quickly forget how we got here and that the luxuries we have now, have only been in place for just a blink of an eye in comparison to how humans survived previous to the last 2 centuries.

We would take casualties in cities that rely on computer automation for those modern luxuries, but rural areas are not dependent on computers for food, water or shelter. We’ve only been relying on computers for the last few decades and electricity for the last 200 or so. Most can survive without them now.
You have to think about the entire human population and how difficult it would be to eliminate or control everyone if war of the machines were to breakout. It’s an interesting thought exercise but humans have the ability to destroy what we invent and adapt to an environment, even subterranean if need be.
You don’t need computers or even electricity to get fresh water, just a well. You don’t need computers for food or shelter just the ability to build or harvest with basic hand tools. Extracting resources does not require electricity it just makes it easier. We quickly forget how we got here and that the luxuries we have now, have only been in place for just a blink of an eye in comparison to how humans survived previous to the last 2 centuries.
I’m enjoying this conversation of possibilities! Please take all my responses as such 😁

I think you’re right on the rural part, those places would be mostly fine, but they have very low population counts. 80% of the US population is urban. The big cities would be the likely targets. Just from my experience on natural disasters in a big city, people can be quick to turn on each other when resources are limited. I believe some of the larger communist countries have shown that even large populations can be controlled by the few in power. I don’t see it outside the realm that after the big cities were hit, people would initially turn on each other, the population left would be severely weakened, and possibly subjugated.

I’m enjoying this conversation of possibilities! Please take all my responses as such 😁

….
Likewise 👍
Perhaps I’m being optimistic in my assessment of possible outcomes but it’s a very interesting topic and good conversation piece. At a time when people of all walks of life seem to be more divided than ever, a common enemy to bring back unity to us may not be the worst thing to have ever happened in human history.

Likewise 👍
Perhaps I’m being optimistic in my assessment of possible outcomes but it’s a very interesting topic and good conversation piece. At a time when people of all walks of life seem to be more divided than ever, a common enemy to bring back unity to us may not be that worst thing to have ever happened in human history.
I like your optimism! Maybe I’ve played too many survival games 😂.

Watching people during the first FTX (field training exercise) in basic was an eye opener. A lot were very inept and scavenging/surviving. Had it not been a training exercise, I’d say a lot would not have survived more than a few days off the land.

Likewise 👍
Perhaps I’m being optimistic in my assessment of possible outcomes but it’s a very interesting topic and good conversation piece. At a time when people of all walks of life seem to be more divided than ever, a common enemy to bring back unity to us may not be the worst thing to have ever happened in human history.

I like your optimism! Maybe I’ve played too many survival games 😂.

Watching people during the first FTX (field training exercise) in basic was an eye opener. A lot were very inept and scavenging/surviving. Had it not been a training exercise, I’d say a lot would not have survived more than a few days off the land.

Once you get out of the major cities and out to the country side..

Most folks have gardens, chickens, livestock etc.
They have their own wells , pond/lakes, or some sort of rain collection routine.
Surrounded by relatively thick woods..
(Add in some diesel generators, solar or wind and energy storage..)
They can live for months, years -relying only on themselves.

And, they aren't even preppers or survivalists...

Just regular folks living as they have for generations.

Once you get out of the major cities and out to the country side..

Most folks have gardens, chickens, livestock etc.
They have their own wells , pond/lakes, or some sort of rain collection routine.
Surrounded by relatively thick woods..
(Add in some diesel generators, solar or wind and energy storage..)
They can live for months, years -relying only on themselves.

And, they aren't even preppers or survivalists...

Just regular folks living as they have for generations.
No arguing that! My thinking is that 20% of the rural population that survived the “first wave cyber attack” will be too few people to actually fight the aforementioned “swarm bots”. The swarm bots are already being deployed in battlefields, and we are building the AI infrastructure. The bots wouldn’t need chips right away, they’d just need to attack first. Something something Skynet 😂

Edit:
TIL Skynet is real https://www.sciencealert.com/nsa-leak-confirms-skynet-is-for-real

Last edited:
Some how I missed this particular video, from two years ago..

But they already had it "operational"?
It looks exactly like the dog-bot in my first posting..

Just Heavily armed >>

Back