blx 100 esc alternative for senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about using a water proof sealed receiver box .like the kind I use in my RC speed boats..? Couldn't tell ya how many times I flip my boats after hitting a wave at 90 mph and they get submerged in the water besides the nose because of the styrofoam inside and my esc is allways dry..just a thought .or use a sandwich bag🤣🤣🤣🤣with zip
Those boxes are not 100% waterproof.
Yeah your probably correct.didnt think about that.my brain had a fart.sorry🤯.just trying to help ..ok back to the zip lock bag wrapped in ice then it is .🤣🤣🤣🤣
Someday when arrma makes a speed boat and someone asks this question I'll be ready 👍😁

$65 is a great price on that ESC, I didn't know they could be had for that on eBay. I'm not even seeing them on Amain now, I suppose being replaced by the newer models they dropped recently.
Just be careful if in the States. HW makes International/Global versions with some of their ESC's. Prices can be found for less$. But are not HW North America warranteed. HW will send it back to you. Won't warranty it. HW is strict about this. If buying from AMZ, HW shortens the Warranty period to 30 days.(n)
I only buy from HobbywingDirect North America website. Shipping is usually free and very fast. Their sales and discounts usually match what authorized sellers sell for. And when buying direct, the ESC is already a registered purchase with HW/NorthAmerica.
Also, HW does warranty a Water Proof ESC if it is water damaged. But only within 90 days. The warranty period. And they will fail if they get wet and corrode from my experience. All Supposed WP ESC brands will fail from water ingress at some point. Could even fail months later when you don't expect it.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/pages/rma

I never had to warranty any HW ESC or motor. None have failed me in years. ( 6 Sensored ESC's) But I don't run my BLX ESC's in or near water anymore. Mud and damp dirt is ok. Keep the ESC dry. The ESC Fans are never WP. And some manuasl states to remove the fan if running in the wet. Sounds silly to remove the fan. You potentially end up with an overheated/fried ESC. Then warranty is declined. :rolleyes:This is ambiguous to the warranty. I never understood that.
Decision is up to you.

Last edited:
How about using a water proof sealed receiver box .like the kind I use in my RC speed boats..? Couldn't tell ya how many times I flip my boats after hitting a wave at 90 mph and they get submerged in the water besides the nose because of the styrofoam inside and my esc is allways dry..just a thought .or use a sandwich bag🤣🤣🤣🤣with zip lock
Make the boat more boyant if possible.
I know some boater guys CA Ping Pong balls in certain key areas of the Hull.
Keeps the water line higher if it fills with water or flips.
But I don't know too much about boats.
Wifey tossed away 2 of mine, one was still never used.:mad:

Make the boat more boyant if possible.
I know some boater guys CA Ping Pong balls in certain key areas of the Hull.
Keeps the water line higher if it fills with water or flips.
But I don't know too much about boats.
Wifey tossed away 2 of mine, one was still never used.:mad:
That issue has been fixed .I installed pool foam tubes inside the hull on both sides and now it does not sink . completely stays on top..and sorry about your wife getting rid of them boats on you.thats pretty messed up.not sure what kind of a person would do that for no reason .my wife would never mess with any of my RC stuff..not even a screw left on the dining table lol..she actually likes my RC toys and comes and watches me and my son's use our boats and cars and trucks...for your wife to do that to you means she doesn't care about what you care about..and that's not being a wife..throw away her best shoes lol..see how she feels.

Just be careful if in the States. HW makes International/Global versions with some of their ESC's. Prices can be found for less$. But are not HW North America warranteed. HW will send it back to you. Won't warranty it. HW is strict about this. If buying from AMZ, HW shortens the Warranty period to 30 days.(n)
I only buy from HobbywingDirect North America website. Shipping is usually free and very fast. Their sales and discounts usually match what authorized sellers sell for. And when buying direct, the ESC is already a registered purchase with HW/NorthAmerica.
Also, HW does warranty a Water Proof ESC if it is water damaged. But only within 90 days. The warranty period. And they will fail if they get wet and corrode from my experience. All Supposed WP ESC brands will fail from water ingress at some point. Could even fail months later when you don't expect it.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/pages/rma

I never had to warranty any HW ESC or motor. None have failed me in years. ( 6 Sensored ESC's) But I don't run my BLX ESC's in or near water anymore. Mud and damp dirt is ok. Keep the ESC dry. The ESC Fans are never WP. And some manuasl states to remove the fan if running in the wet. Sounds silly to remove the fan. You potentially end up with an overheated/fried ESC. Then warranty is declined. :rolleyes:This is ambiguous to the warranty. I never understood that.
Decision is up to you.
Isn't their normal warranty only 30 days now anyway?

-edit- I just checked and it's 90 days. You can buy an extended warranty though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back