ESC programmer for older Kraton and Outcast 4s v2 blx models (not the new v2.5)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustOutForARip88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Vorteks
Hey guys just a quick question for the longest time the spectrum ESC programmer was only 30 bucks on Amazon here in Canada but now they've bumped it up to over 50 and I know that for what I need it for it's not necessarily feasible at that price at all but I did however just pick up one of the new outcasts well new to me anyway and rather than going through all the beeps and everything like that by manually doing it I'm just wondering if I was going to buy either the hobby wing or the spectrum programmer one of two things first being

A. Does the hobby wing do the exact same thing as the spectrum one?

B. I don't care to have a name brand programming device I just want one that will do exactly as the spectrum does so is there anything that the spectrum comes with as far as programming that the hobby wing doesn't

Basically just wondering what you guys overall input is I'm going to order one regardless but thought I would throw up a quick post and see if there was any input thanks so much guys and gals

Screenshot_20240306_170138_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20240306_165856_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I could be wrong but my understanding is that you need a HW programmer for a HW esc and a Spectrum programmer for a Spectrum esc. That being said they are not interchangeable.

I could be wrong but my understanding is that you need a HW programmer for a HW esc and a Spectrum programmer for a Spectrum esc. That being said they are not interchangeable.
That is true: I've tried them both ways, and I never could get them to work. Spektrum makes you buy their brand of programmer.

Damn really that's definitely a bit of a piss off lol cuz the spectrum ones were literally cheaper than the hobby wings for like the last year they were like 26 bucks here in Canada now it'll send their over 50 but there's also a comment from someone on the hobby wing one that says this is the exact same thing as the spectrum one and works perfect on my outcast doing the exact same thing that the spectrum one would for half the price so maybe I should wait and see what some other people say before I make my decision The only reason I'm even considering it is because I know I'll be changing and trying out the punch and break settings a bit more on my new webcast than I would when I first got my Kraton

That is true: I've tried them both ways, and I never could get them to work. Spektrum makes you buy their brand of programmer.
Okay well that's two for two as far as me having to spend twice as much ughhhh lmao

can't blame you there, hopefully someone will give you the answer you are looking for
Thanks man I just read another thread on the new versions of the 4S line and it seems like everyone says you definitely have to have one for those so I'm guessing it's probably the same for the V2 versions For the heck of it I might just order both and then send back whichever one I don't need and bust this myth once and for all lol

Back