blx 100 esc alternative for senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deacon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
i just fried my blx 100 esc from snow in my senton 3s and i'm looking to replace it...............whats a good esc to fit in my senton thats water proof?

i just fried my blx 100 esc from snow in my senton 3s and i'm looking to replace it...............whats a good esc to fit in my senton thats water proof?
Hi Welcome!

Been happy with the Firma 130A in the 3S found those on a good deal here sold.

I have never had issues with Hobby Wing in snow, mud and rain, so they are always my goto for ESC's.
Don't push your luck.;)
HW is may Fav.

Last edited:
Good point. HH has replaced a water damaged ESC for me but I’m sure you are technically correct.
I've seen them deny warranties for mentioning in the email that it got wet and Horizon emailed them back saying that the warranty doesn't cover water damage to electronics. When my receiver box leaked and got wet I never mentioned anything about the receiver box leaking or it getting wet and they accepted my warranty on that.

Weird.. I run my senton in the rain!!? 🤔
Are u sure you diagnost it correctly!? Does it flash red or green lights when powered on!?
yea i diagnosed it and it was perfectly fine, mine just got filled with sooooo much snow that it covered the whole entire electronics

How about using a water proof sealed receiver box .like the kind I use in my RC speed boats..? Couldn't tell ya how many times I flip my boats after hitting a wave at 90 mph and they get submerged in the water besides the nose because of the styrofoam inside and my esc is allways dry..just a thought .or use a sandwich bag🤣🤣🤣🤣with zip lock

How about using a water proof sealed receiver box .like the kind I use in my RC speed boats..? Couldn't tell ya how many times I flip my boats after hitting a wave at 90 mph and they get submerged in the water besides the nose because of the styrofoam inside and my esc is allways dry..just a thought .or use a sandwich bag🤣🤣🤣🤣with zip lock
oooohhh so the receiver getting wet is the reason why my esc fried up?

Will create too much heat because of the restricted air flow. Most boats are water cooled, aren't they? That's why the ESC on a boat can be sealed in a waterproof box. Surface RCs rely on air to cool the electronics. Can't seal out the air flow.

oooohhh so the receiver getting wet is the reason why my esc fried up?
Probably not. Reciever was probably dry cause it is sealed in a waterproof box.

Will create too much heat because of the restricted air flow. Most boats are water cooled, aren't they? That's why the ESC on a boat can be sealed in a waterproof box. Surface RCs rely on air to cool the electronics. Can't seal out the air flow.

Probably not. Reciever was probably dry cause it is sealed in a waterproof box.
Those boxes are not 100% waterproof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back