BLX 185 throttle works then green light blinks 4 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellsSalesman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey, so i have a problem with the BLX 185 thats a little different from what I've seen others had:

thottle works fine both forward and reverse but a soon as i let go of throttle green light blinks 4 times and during that time esc is unresponsive. but if i wait a second after it blinked the throttle works again,

i tried resetting the esc, tried different receiver, transmitter but no difference. program card doesn't work as the bec is broken/ i have been using an external bec for years on it.

it is an old unit from a kraton v3 i think. bought in 2017, so no warranty.

I think you answered your own question. The BEC is toast already. And the symptoms you see are from the failed ESC BEC power supply. I think its time to toss that OG BLX185.
You got your moneys worth and then some. Move on to another new ESC so you don't need to run a UBEC at all. A UBEC was a crutch there for a while. Surface RC's don't need them with any Decent ESC.
You tried everything already. :rolleyes: I will assume.
There is no fix here. No more band-aids left to throw at it.:cool:
Time to dust off, and open your wallet there.
Go to JennysRC.com if $$ is tight.

Below is far from my favorite. I go to Hobbywing stuff when upgrading from stocker ESC's. And rather pay more $$.
But this one won't break the bank. Just no warranty at this discount Price. JennysRC is reputable. We all use JennysRC here on AF.
It's the direct replacement for the BLX185. And much improved over the 185. More features.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/fi...rushless-spektra-firma-150-waterproof-ara7618

another option.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ce...ronic-speed-control-hobbywing-cen-reeper-9519

Last edited:
I think you answered your own question. The BEC is toast already. And the symptoms you see are from the failed ESC BEC power supply. I think its time to toss that OG BLX185.
You got your moneys worth and then some. Move on to another new ESC so you don't need to run a UBEC at all. A UBEC was a crutch there for a while. Surface RC's don't need them with any Decent ESC.
You tried everything already. :rolleyes:
There is no fix here. No more band-aids left to throw at it.:cool:
Time to dust off, and open your wallet there.
@SrC đź‘Ť allways good advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back