Kraton BLX 2050KV side to side play on shaft...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised it didn't feel down on power initially at least running with jammed bearing. when my son's 3s rig bearing jammed the ESC kept cutting out, guess 6s just powers on through. but I'd try shimming the worn shaft section with alu tape or brass shim stock, make sure new bearings fit tight and that should get some more life out of it. Just make sure the shim stock can't get loose inside the motor.

Definitely keep running it, but replacing that bearing on the shaft side is a must. This will at least minimize wobble until you get a new motor. Too much wobble and you'll toast a pinion or maybe even the spur in the center dif. About those two spring washers. I'm the guy who forgets that they're there, and they always fall off as I'm taking everything apart. Funny thing though. I've always put them back to back when assembling the motor, like horse shoes facing away from each other. Just made sense to me as it means there is more pressure pushing the rotor to the front of the can. If anyone can find an exploded view of the BLX 2050kv motor showing the actual configuration of those two spring washers, I'd really appreciate it.
Too much wobble at the shaft with a worn shaft even with a new BB will brick the Armature, as well as eat the spur and pinion. If you don't care, go for it. It's your dime. Your fun.
Follow what @jkflow stated. He is dead on regarding maintenance. đź‘Ť

Question: Are the bearing sizes for all these Spektrum motors the same size for all sizes of motor? On my 3s the sizes are 5x16x5 and 5x13x4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back