Typhon Any of you have that poor RC you beat the crap out of, toss to the side dirty, and it never quits on you? For me, it’s the Typhon 6S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's my FT Ironically, yet many others have breakage issues for some reason. I keep getting more and more abusive with it and it keeps going. Yet it has 99% stock parts , little if any upgrades at that. I go out with 3 packs and I always burn through all packs successfully. Looks like hell all dirty and all. But runs like a champ.
FWIW, I did completely rebuild it when new out the box, before running it . Because it was a complete mess from the factory. (n) HH had to warranty a good amount of $$ in parts for it.
My FT was a champ! One of the best! Buddy of mine really wanted it, so I used those funds for the new EXB.

Definitely my V5 Typhon 6s. Drive it (read thrash the sh1t out of it) hose it down, spray with some lube and put it back on the shelf. The only thing it ever breaks (explodes) are tires.

Definitely my V5 Typhon 6s. Drive it (read thrash the sh1t out of it) hose it down, spray with some lube and put it back on the shelf. The only thing it ever breaks (explodes) are tires.
I just got one myself, I'm afraid I'm going to go out and blow out all my tires, any recommendations

I took the stock tires to 95MPH before a blowout 😂😂. I consider tires a (heavy) wear item. Tough RC for sure though, one of my favorite.
I just got one myself, I'm afraid I'm going to go out and blow out all my tires, any recommendations
Hmm, that’s tough. I just accept that blowing tires goes with the territory 😂. Quickest way to blow tires is throttling while in the air, or when the Typhon is belly up. Also diffing out causes tire blow out, but thickening the diff oil makes it not handle as well, especially on a track. If you’re just bashing around, I’d recommend 80K center diff fluid, it’ll keep the fronts from ballooning as much on hard acceleration.

Rival MT10. I've been street bashing it , multiple times a week, since May. Bought some RPM control arms with it, but finally returned them, as I haven't broken anything. Only thing I've added is some duct tape on the rear of the body, battle scars, and dirt. :devilish:

These have been in & out of stock, this month. Bought a second one, in case I kill the 1st. Not likely, anytime soon. Anyone know of a chop shop for AE?

Last edited:
Rival MT10. I've been street bashing it , multiple times a week, since May. Bought some RPM control arms with it, but finally returned them, as I haven't broken anything. Only thing I've added is some duct tape on the rear of the body, battle scars, and dirt. :devilish:

These have been in & out of stock, this month. Bought a second one, in case I kill the 1st. Not likely, anytime soon. Anyone know of a chop shop for AE?

Rc nitro hobbies on ebay. They do random mark downs that are very cheap. Always a great experience with them..

Screenshot_20231231_020724_eBay.jpg

My crawlers are highly durable, I have 2 of them and in one year I had a servo quit, thats it.

I keep hearing that stock off road bashing rigs exist that hardly ever break, but I have yet to own one, lol. Only way to keep them from breaking for me has been don't send it and drive carefully. Otherwise lots of stock parts bend or break fairly regularly. Once they are upgraded a bit they hold up nicely off road. 😎

My crawlers are highly durable, I have 2 of them and in one year I had a servo quit, thats it.

I keep hearing that stock off road bashing rigs exist that hardly ever break, but I have yet to own one, lol. Only way to keep them from breaking for me has been don't send it and drive carefully. Otherwise lots of stock parts bend or break fairly regularly. Once they are upgraded a bit they hold up nicely off road. 😎
I've broken stuff recently on my Mojave, but it made it though both of these videos without a single broken part. Only upgrades are a Fan and a Servo. Each video was full battery down to LVC. It took way more too, many things were not put in the videos do to long videos not getting near as many views.

I also here the 4s line Mojave is strong but I cant comment on that. But the huge 6s Mojave is very strong. You can grab them off FB market cheap and often in pristine condition. Mine was like new for $350. If you want a big strong car i'd say look no further then a Typhon or Mojave.

It's definitely one I'd say you can ride hard and throw away wet and it'll always be good to you. I can also attest to the Typhon 6s, its a very strong rarely broken RC. But then again 8th buggies have been known for that for 2 decades.

I took the stock tires to 95MPH before a blowout 😂😂. I consider tires a (heavy) wear item. Tough RC for sure though, one of my favorite.

Hmm, that’s tough. I just accept that blowing tires goes with the territory 😂. Quickest way to blow tires is throttling while in the air, or when the Typhon is belly up. Also diffing out causes tire blow out, but thickening the diff oil makes it not handle as well, especially on a track. If you’re just bashing around, I’d recommend 80K center diff fluid, it’ll keep the fronts from ballooning as much on hard acceleration.
Yeah the Typhon being smaller, well balanced out the box, cross weight and all, lighter and more compact with its SWB chassis, it is a little tank. It has smaller buggy tires, and being light, you probably don't want or need Heavy oils throughout all 3 diffs, like say a 6s Kraton or 1/7 XLWB chassis platform would need. I only run 4s packs with my TLRT. 6s packs didn't work for me. I set mine up for more technical type driving. I don't send it real high.
Most will, with 6s packs. I get that.

The 6s Typhon held up better out of the box than anything else I've owned so far. Still had a fair amount of stock parts break in the first 3 months like suspension mounts, gearboxes, standoffs, wings/wing mounts, and a bent chassis. I rarely even jump my rigs and when I do its small stuff. Not complaining, just that I've never had a stock rig handle hard bashing without breaking fairly regularly off road, always needs a handful of upgrades to be durable.

2 Axials and a TRX4 here , just they are Crawlers. I find it hard to break them, going much slower and all. Way different platform design. Not Bashers, per se, technically Speaking. Crawlers still can break, just in different ways than an Arrma would.
But taking any Crawler to 50mph is one major feat. Kudos.....(y):giggle:
Many guys have failed to make Crawlers go as fast. Directional stability sucks.

Last edited:
2 Axials and a TRX4 here , just they are Crawlers. I find it hard to break them, going much slower and all. Way different platform design. Not Bashers, pers se, technically Speaking. Crawlers still can break, just in different ways than an Arrma would.
But taking any Crawler to 50mph is one major feat. Kudos.....(y):giggle:
Many guys have failed to make Crawlers go as fast. Directional stability sucks.
Thanks! I kept getting 49MPH, but did finally manage 50MPH. It was difficult to drive, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even crashing at higher speeds and tumbled, most I ever broke was the body mounts.

Yeah you need to have some good RC skills to drive a Crawler that fast. Looks easier than it is. Without rolling it ....(y)

Yeah you need to have some good RC skills to drive a Crawler that fast. Looks easier than it is. Without rolling it ....(y)
Indeed! It did roll at 50MPH, but at that point I was done trying. I have several videos getting 49MPH where it didn’t roll, but just that little extra push was too much.

I run my kraton 6s v5 rtr all stock apart from alumium front hinge pin holder. still keep it clean though and oiled don't like to leave it covered in crap

I run my kraton 6s v5 rtr all stock apart from alumium front hinge pin holder. still keep it clean though and oiled don't like to leave it covered in crap
I usually clean my RCs, but I use the Typhon to run the dog. It’s wet and muddy out there, so once it dries, I’ll clean it up properly and blow it off after running the dog. Right now, you can’t even tell it’s an RC. My wife asked “Does that THING still run?” 😂. Poor Typhon needs some TLC!

The beauty of the Typhon is it's Buggy body being a tight sealed fit to the chassis. Much less crap gets in. Just its low to the ground. The Mojave stocker Fortresses work nicely on my Typhon also. Gets a little more height.

The beauty of the Typhon is it's Buggy body being a tight sealed fit to the chassis. Much less crap gets in. Just its low to the ground. The Mojave stocker Fortresses work nicely on my Typhon also. Gets a little more height.
Nice, I’ve been wanting new tires. Looks like a good option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back