Boiling parts

Rockyelvis

Reaction score
New owner here, 2 wks in, 8 runs so far, no breakage yet, anyone boil their parts to soften material, this was common to do on losi LST2 , wing and mount, has been done already seems to be holding up OK so far, however I've not really put the hammer down yet as I'm fine tuning my ramps and track

Attachments

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Limitless, Kraton 8S
New owner here, 2 wks in, 8 runs so far, no breakage yet, anyone boil their parts to soften material, this was common to do on losi LST2 , wing and mount, has been done already seems to be holding up OK so far, however I've not really put the hammer down yet as I'm fine tuning my ramps and track
I've heard of doing this but never have. I land perfectly every time! It's tough being me, hard work! :ROFLMAO: The only time any plastic parts were in water for me was when a set of arms I wanted were only available in white so I RIT died them.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, Outcast 6s, Talion, Typhon 6s
Yes i do and I think it definitely helps. I've just boil dyed a full set of plastic and it looks a slightly different colour but not really very successful. I've been boiling hd wingmounts for a few years and like you say they definitely last longer. I've switched to the POS mount now as it incredibly strong.

DoNoHarm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Does the trick for straightening the arms for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.