Bought some cheap tires from china. On my first run i tried to jump a small snow bank, and both right side tires flew up in the air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Where in ontario can i get good 2.2 rims and tires asap

Attachments

• DSC_0144.JPG
    DSC_0144.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 207
From one of your other threads.
They are 2.8 not 2.2. The plastic on these cheap wheels can be brittle and bust around the hex especially the thin spoke style wheels.

SCT rims (1/10) are 2.2 on the outside 3.0 on the inside (hex side). 2.2 rims are stadium truck sized rims. The ones you broke are considered 2.8 rims. Get 2.8 rims or SCT rims.

Just get a set of 12mm hexes and proline badlands. Problem solved.
From where thou? I acually wanted lockups but i don't want to pay 50 to have tgem shipped from the US
From one of your other threads.

SCT rims (1/10) are 2.2 on the outside 3.0 on the inside (hex side). 2.2 rims are stadium truck sized rims. The ones you broke are considered 2.8 rims. Get 2.8 rims or SCT rims.
Ya i just ordered 2.8 lockups for 14mm hex for 100$ after spending to much money on poop rims and tires. Hopfully they will refund me my money, they broke eay too easy. I even had a guy costom make me 12mm hex to fit my axle shaft

From where thou? I acually wanted lockups but i don't want to pay 50 to have tgem shipped from the US

Ya i just ordered 2.8 lockups for 14mm hex for 100$ after spending to much money on poop rims and tires. Hopfully they will refund me my money, they broke eay too easy. I even had a guy costom make me 12mm hex to fit my axle shaft
the rims and tires were 33$, and china hex adaptore were 8$. But me beeing me spent 60$ too have them drilled and costom fit just to throw them away now. The tires were the perfect size too

the rims and tires were 33$, and china hex adaptore were 8$. But me beeing me spent 60$ too have them drilled and costom fit just to throw them away now. The tires were the perfect size too
So long story short tires cost me 190$

I find with the Chinese wheel/tire combos that the tires are usually pretty decent and the wheels are usually crap.

Aw man that sucks!
The only time I buy cheap is through recommendations or experience.
Usually I buy the best I can find and never Worry about it again. Yes everything costs a lot more but I can't say that I not satisfied afterwards.
This $190 lesson maybe will save you thousands in the future, congratulations!

Last edited:
Aw man that sucks!
The only Time I buy cheap is through recommendations or experience.
Usually I buy the best I can find and never Worry about it again. Yes everything costs a lot more but I can't say that I not satisfied afterwards.
This $190 lesson maybe will save you thousands in the future, congratulations!
Yep... The set i have coming were 29$ a set plus 50$, delivery. And ill have them by friday. 2.8, 14mm hex lockups

I find with the Chinese wheel/tire combos that the tires are usually pretty decent and the wheels are usually crap.
+1 to this. The plastic is very brittle, especially when cold. I picked up a set of cheap amazon chinese wheels/tires for a friends 4wd ECX Ruckus and installed them in the heat of summer, they were great. But the first cold bash they shattered into a hundred pieces.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back