Rims and tires from stock to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superdave1974

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a stock arrma granite 3s and i wanna run 17mm hex rims on it..do i need an adapter and if so what one??

Welcome to the forum. There are several flavors of 17mm hubs from Hot Racing, Integy, etc., etc.
Why do you want to do it? If you put much heavier 1/8 tires on the 3s Granite (stock) you will only serve to fry your electronics unless you gear it way down and don’t drive it like you stole it.
IMO, there is no good reason to do it.

Well i guess with that being said what would you suggest for replacemt size tires and rims ,brand??
And whats the best battery i can get for that that wont damage any sto k electronic components..
?
And i really appreciate ur time..i just bought not to long ago and its been idle way more than enjoying it with breakdown and repairs needed...appre iate your insight.
Its all new to me so i still have alot of knowledge needed before i can keep this sucker in running condition...
Its all new to me so i still have alot of knowledge needed before i can keep this sucker in running condition...
I don't race it but also don't mind spending the money if it means less breakdowns and more ripping poop up..lll

Well i guess with that being said what would you suggest for replacemt size tires and rims ,brand??
And whats the best battery i can get for that that wont damage any sto k electronic components..
?
And i really appreciate ur time..i just bought not to long ago and its been idle way more than enjoying it with breakdown and repairs needed...appre iate your insight.
The stock tires are good and also cost effective. The Granite doesn’t eat them up quickly. Fit whatever the highest MaH 2s or 3s battery over 50c that will fit into the tray. If running 3s, stock up on C-hubs, axles, and gears.

I don't race it but also don't mind spending the money if it means less breakdowns and more ripping poop up..lll
Adding larger and heavier wheels and tires is a recipe for more repairs: heavier wheels and tires put more stress on the motor, ESC, and gears, and the 3s models aren't designed to take the additional stresses.

Agree with the above. The stock tires are great on it. And if you upgrade the electronics to accomodate bigger tires, you'll just tear up the drivetrain. Wasn't meant for that. Shocks are a good upgrade if you jump it. And as @Dan B. pointed out, keep C-hubs, axles and gears on hand for those bad landings. In stock form it's a fun little truck. Enjoy it.

Save yourself some money, bookmark this: https://jennysrc.com/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back