Granite Brake setting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RackwitzG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello,
I wanted to set my brakes to 75 % on my Granite V3. I pressed and held the set button, turned the power on, let it beep green 3 times for the variable "Brake Strength" and let go of the set button. Then it beeped red 4 times to signal the default setting 4 (62,5%). Then I pressed the set button again, hoping it would move to 5 beeps (75%), which is what I wanted, but it beeped and flashed once, obviously going back to step one. I went through the process a few times and had the same results, couldn't get passed setting 4. Einstein said, it's stupid to do the same thing several times and expect different results, but he didn't know computer electronics then. Einstein was right this time though, the same thing happened every time. I just can't get past setting 4. According to the manual there should be 7 settings! What can I do? I can imagine the manual is not up to date? Eventhough I got it with the truck.

Hello,
I wanted to set my brakes to 75 % on my Granite V3. I pressed and held the set button, turned the power on, let it beep green 3 times for the variable "Brake Strength" and let go of the set button. Then it beeped red 4 times to signal the default setting 4 (62,5%). Then I pressed the set button again, hoping it would move to 5 beeps (75%), which is what I wanted, but it beeped and flashed once, obviously going back to step one. I went through the process a few times and had the same results, couldn't get passed setting 4. Einstein said, it's stupid to do the same thing several times and expect different results, but he didn't know computer electronics then. Einstein was right this time though, the same thing happened every time. I just can't get past setting 4. According to the manual there should be 7 settings! What can I do? I can imagine the manual is not up to date? Eventhough I got it with the truck.
That is because u cant set brakes on the 3s models for some reason. When it says u are adjusting brakes it actually adjusts the punch. The brake is connected to the punch and u cant pull them apart.

Hello,
Manual does show there is 7 break settings, if you listen when you chose 5 and up the five is a very fast 5 beeps if 6 it's 5 rapid beeps and then one single beep maybe it's that? I have adjusted breaks on my v2 Granite and it works fine for me, I think your hearing the 5 as one beep but listen close it's 5 rapid beeps?

Yes there is a table for esc settings and yes you can adjust break. Like I said I'd bet your not hearing the rapid beeps for #5 but hit it until 6 or 7 and you'll hear the rapid 5 followed by one or two slow beeps ?
IMG_20201212_082304857.jpg

Yep, thats the manual I have. I'll just press the set button once after it beeps 4 times, as it is set now and should be fine. Thanks again.

Yep, brake and punch are independent. The same feature spans across most units.

@Mr.Vylan: This is what I experienced. This vid hits the nail on the head. Thanks alot. I can't interpret the long fifth beep as five very short beeps though. But that doesn't matter, I know what to listen for now.

I wonder about one thing though: Is the setting for when you push the trigger forward to brake or does it concern an autobrake when you release the trigger back to neutral?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back