Senton Is this an ESC problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldizzle

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
When I turn the Senton on, the wheels make a short spin. A few seconds later they spin fast and then stop. When using the controller, there is steering, forward, but no reverse. You put it in reverse on the throttle but it still goes forward. I used the binder that came with and followed a video and the instructions to "re-bind" the controller to the ESC, but it has not fixed it. I was careful to drive but did land flat hard a couple of times on the course and that might have shaken something loose. What is it the ESC, or something else?

When I turn the Senton on, the wheels make a short spin. A few seconds later they spin fast and then stop. When using the controller, there is steering, forward, but no reverse. You put it in reverse on the throttle but it still goes forward. I used the binder that came with and followed a video and the instructions to "re-bind" the controller to the ESC, but it has not fixed it. I was careful to drive but did land flat hard a couple of times on the course and that might have shaken something loose. What is it the ESC, or something else?
have you run it though water at all if so check your receiver isn't wet also make sure all your connections are good

he's done that

He said he re-binded the Tx/Rx, but that is not the same as recalibrating the ESC!

Screenshot 2024-02-02 112400.jpg

Make sure your throttle trim is at the neutral position then recalibrate the ESC as @Eno suggests above before moving on in your troubleshooting. If your throttle positions are out of whack then it will throw everything off.

The instructions in the Senton manual state to put the throttle dial on the transmitter back in neutral as part of the binding process. I did that and it didn’t fix it. Also I did not run it in water. I did have it on a track and was doing what I would consider average size jumps. Thought maybe something was loose but after inspection everything on the ESC looks in place and well connected.

The instructions in the Senton manual state to put the throttle dial on the transmitter back in neutral as part of the binding process.

But did you calibrate the Tx as illustrated in my post above?

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I have an Arrma Senton 2s and the ESC motor combo is not the same as in the photo from the manual you shared. I can't calibrate according to those instructions as my ESC is different and does not have that feature.

Back