Brand New Mojave Exb front differential making noises and wobbly dogbone shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoxNewsChannel

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got a Mojave Exb and was test running the motor and esc on a bench to see if the driveline was all good and as soon as I gave it a a little bit of power the wobbly dogbones were so obvious and there was a crunchy sound coming from the front differential. I've never owned an arrma car before so idk if this is normal or not. Not really excited to run it like this tbh. Do I have to open it all up and see whats causing it or should I just call support before I start tinkering with it.

Welcome to AF. :)
Remember to go to the Member introduction section and introduce yourself.

Smart that you observed this before actual running. Or at least question whats there. The video is not really conclusive however. But thank for sharing. Just try this powered ON with slow to medium Throttle. Best evaluation is actual running, just not to the extreme. Drive slow and deliberate. Even on the bench would reveal much. Not always however.
If you never opened up all 3 diffs during this build, it is highly advisable to. Just common practice to check fluid levels and proper shimming. Factory assembly leaves much to be desired, considering these are mass produced extremely fast. This is common knowledge. Should be done to any new out the box 6s rig/model in practice.
Others will chime in with their thoughts on this. I don't see any obvious problems. The center drivesafts do normally oscillate a bit. designed to up to a point. Some may disagree. IDK. Just my observations with my 6s rigs.
Good luck.
:cool:

Just got a Mojave Exb and was test running the motor and esc on a bench to see if the driveline was all good and as soon as I gave it a a little bit of power the wobbly dogbones were so obvious and there was a crunchy sound coming from the front differential. I've never owned an arrma car before so idk if this is normal or not. Not really excited to run it like this tbh. Do I have to open it all up and see whats causing it or should I just call support before I start tinkering with it.

Definitely not sounding good. I would open both F&R diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back