New diff and case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I don't have the problems yall do and I get to save money while not seeing a single "leak" anywhere for the year I've been using them. Maybe I'm just lucky tho because I don't run into 99% of the problems the vocal people around here seem to run into. Works for me tho! I'll keep saving money and buying more rigs 😊
Let us know when you’re finally through a 20 pack maintenance interval and not a few packs 👍🏼 Should last longer putzing around on 4S too 😜

Let us know when you’re finally through a 20 pack maintenance interval and not a few packs 👍🏼 Should last longer putzing around on 4S too 😜
This makes no sense to me bro, I'm not sure why you think I only ran my rigs a few times or run around on 4s but my rigs are most likely more powerful and higher geared than both you and slick on average tb. For example, My talion XL has aliexpress bulkheads front and rear with a TP 4080CM 2022kv motor geared for 86 mph with backflip 6s tires and that's how I bash it every time I take it out. Yall acting like yall dunno who you talking to man, I don't run weak ass stock or 4s poop around here and I probably bash more than both of you combined too if I'm being honest.

This makes no sense to me bro, I'm not sure why you think I only ran my rigs a few times or run around on 4s but my rigs are most likely more powerful and higher geared than both you and slick on average tb. For example, My talion XL has aliexpress bulkheads front and rear with a TP 4080CM 2022kv motor geared for 86 mph with backflip 6s tires and that's how I bash it every time I take it out. Yall acting like you dunno who you talking to me man, I don't run weak ass stock or 4s poop around here.
I run half a dozen cheap 6061 bulkheads(RC upgrades parts store) too, the one piece carrier will be your failure mode after enough rotations. It’s inevitable based on material properties unless you’re running softer outdrive cups.

This makes no sense to me bro, I'm not sure why you think I only ran my rigs a few times or run around on 4s but my rigs are most likely more powerful and higher geared than both you and slick on average tb. For example, My talion XL has aliexpress bulkheads front and rear with a TP 4080CM 2022kv motor geared for 86 mph with backflip 6s tires and that's how I bash it every time I take it out. Yall acting like yall dunno who you talking to man, I don't run weak ass stock or 4s poop around here and I probably bash more than both of you combined too if I'm being honest.
Which exact bulkheads do you have?

We aren't talking about the bulkheads though. We are talking about the diff cups.

This is a diff cup, if you notice this one has an insert where the outdrive goes through so it isn't steel on aluminum. Most of the time these 1 piece cups are all aluminum.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...6f2ccc&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Last edited:
We aren't talking about the bulkheads though. We are talking about the diff cups.

This is a diff cup, if you notice this one has an insert where the outdrive goes through so it isn't steel on aluminum.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...6f2ccc&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
You know, I originally read the post where gar said alu case and that just screamed BULKHEAD to me and I'm definitely a dumbass. You are 100% right and it is my bad, thats what I get for posting before I'm even out of bed lol. I have zero experience with diff cases so far. I did actually buy a few but have yet to use them.

My bad @Garcbomber @slick2500

You know, I originally read the post where gar said alu case and that just screamed BULKHEAD to me and I'm definitely a dumbass. You are 100% right and it is my bad, thats what I get for posting before I'm even out of bed lol. I have zero experience with diff cases so far. I did actually buy a few but have yet to use them.

My bad @Garcbomber @slick2500

Yeah the terminology that people use varies so it can lead to some confusion.

Not sure what the sleeve material is, but it definitely appears to be a potential upgrade over at least the single piece alloy cup or RTR composite.

I’d be curious if the o-ring thickness and paper gasket could be interchanged even though they machined an edge recess for the ring seal. Depends on the internal stack up if you could configure a nice mesh.

@slick2500 did you have seepage problems or they’re just a pain to install/seat properly?

So after all this I'm guessing I should just order another stock from Jenny's?

Yeah it would probably be a safer bet as previously mentioned those all aluminum units appeared to be for the on-road cars or the Typhon.

Not sure what the sleeve material is, but it’s definitely appears to be an upgrade over the single piece alloy cup or the RTR composite.
It almost looks like brass based on the color but I'm not a metallurgist.

They are tough to find but here is the link to the ones I got: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800798163755.html (be sure to click 2.25mm)

Also, if money is not an issue you might check into the EXB diff's, they are stronger, BUT, if you don't bash too hard I find the BLX to be fine. You should see how many people rave about the Fireteam on here (durability wise) and that beast has regular BLX diff's.

The down shaft cup is completely different on the V5.... does that just unscrew and I can put my v3 cup on?

Jenny's
I just got a set of Big Rock factory built open EXB style gearboxes (Gearbox, diff, input gear, all bearings, diff shims, and a Safe-D input drive cup) for my Outcast, $38.95 each. From Amain the diff by itself is $75.00. My advice is go to Jenny's and get a set of complete gear boxes for your truck. My recommendation is the Big Rock gearboxes, they come with EXB ring gears and drive cups.

Back