Big Rock BRCC - Need help - too much torque - 2400kv on 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skt07

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I have a Big Rock Crew Cab with a BLX185 ESC, 2400kv motor from a 4S Kraton, and a 20t pinion. Running 4s batteries. Flysky GT5 transmitter.

Full list of upgrades can be found in my build thread:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-crew-cab-–-initial-upgrades-and-road-to-4s.23676/

This setup is tons of fun, with the only issue being that no matter how slowly I ease into the throttle, the truck flips over once I get to full throttle. The front starts to lift around mid throttle and unless I back off it flips and skids on its roof for a very long time lol.

I’m guessing the setup has too much torque?

What’s the recommended and easiest solution that would allow me to stay with 4s power and go full throttle without the front end lifting? Bigger pinion? Higher KV motor?

Even though I’m not trying to build a speed demon, I think I want to trade some torque for top end speed in order to get the front end lift under control. Does that make sense?

I have a Big Rock Crew Cab with a BLX185 ESC, 2400kv motor from a 4S Kraton, and a 20t pinion. Running 4s batteries. Flysky GT5 transmitter.

Full list of upgrades can be found in my build thread:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-crew-cab-–-initial-upgrades-and-road-to-4s.23676/

This setup is tons of fun, with the only issue being that no matter how slowly I ease into the throttle, the truck flips over once I get to full throttle. The front starts to lift around mid throttle and unless I back off it flips and skids on its roof for a very long time lol.

I’m guessing the setup has too much torque?

What’s the recommended and easiest solution that would allow me to stay with 4s power and go full throttle without the front end lifting? Bigger pinion? Higher KV motor?

Even though I’m not trying to build a speed demon, I think I want to trade some torque for top end speed in order to get the front end lift under control. Does that make sense?
Loosen the clutch a tiny bit maybe? Or gear up to lower the acceleration and torque also your tires might be a factor because the mx28 baloon like mad and have a lot of power to rotate the truck
Whats your pinion set up? Im able to keep the power down on my 4s outcast with a 15t now was almost impossible on 13t

Loosen the clutch a tiny bit maybe? Or gear up to lower the acceleration and torque also your tires might be a factor because the mx28 baloon like mad and have a lot of power to rotate the truck
Whats your pinion set up? Im able to keep the power down on my 4s outcast with a 15t now was almost impossible on 13t

I’m running a 20t pinion which I thought would have been enough. Maybe I need to try 26t?

I also thought about the tires as they are ballooning like crazy now.

I’m running a 20t pinion which I thought would have been enough. Maybe I need to try 26t?

I also thought about the tires as they are ballooning like crazy now.
Hollyshit on the 4s cars 15t is slightly under 60mph or over cant imagine 20t
I think you need to gear down in your case

Hollyshit on the 4s cars 15t is slightly under 60mph or over cant imagine 20t
I think you need to gear down in your case

I’ll try the 15t pinion and see how it goes! Thanks!

I have no idea how fast it can go as it flips over before I even get close to top speed lol.

I know I’m probably just not being patient enough bringing it up to speed, but I’m not trying to achieve any top speed records and I don’t have enough space to slowly accelerate. I just want to bash! Lol

I vote slipper adjustment. 20T with 2.8 badlands + 2400kv motor @ 4s would be fine and I think a bigger pinion might start to introduce heat issues. Could also maybe soften the rear suspension if it's still on the firm side so it squats down more vs. lifting the front.

I vote slipper adjustment. 20T with 2.8 badlands + 2400kv motor @ 4s would be fine and I think a bigger pinion might start to introduce heat issues. Could also maybe soften the rear suspension if it's still on the firm side so it squats down more vs. lifting the front.
If the typhon almost breaks 60mph on 3s on 20t imagine on 4s power with bigger tires almost impossible
To put that power down is impossible is diff would have exploded already like a bomb

Two votes for slipper. I’ll try that first and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back