Outcast BROKEN! After serious bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybe312

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
E3759E9D-18EF-4229-81CD-7B40DA7D2951.jpeg
Does anyone know the actual part number to this? I broke it after a nasty flip.

I tried to see the exploded view on the Outcast manual with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Ok so is this piece supposed to be actually 2 pieces? Reason I ask is because I did some adjustments on the swivel arm pieces and now it moves fluidly like it’s suppose to.

I just thought it was broken because it’s split in half even though it isn’t even it looks like it fits together perfectly

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by 2 pieces but the piece circled is called a bellcrank and it is supposed to be attached to the arm that has the screw going through it and nut on bottom. Put that arm on top of the bellcrank and put the screw through the 2 and put the nut on the bottom.

F34C6CAE-FFA5-495B-858A-6A312DC03FA3.jpeg
I'm not sure what you mean by 2 pieces but the piece circled is called a bellcrank and it is supposed to be attached to the arm that has the screw going through it and nut on bottom. Put that arm on top of the bellcrank and put the screw through the 2 and put the nut on the bottom.
Thanks for the quick reply, if you blow up the picture there seems to be a crack in the “bell crank” is that normal or did I bust it up? I just turned the wheel to show the gap between the “bell crank”

Those are two pieces. It’s supposed to be like that. You can see it in either the steering exploded view or the exploded view that shows the servo, I can’t remember which. Looks like your servo saver might be loose but can’t really see to well in your pics.

F44E701D-A120-4A5C-9753-9A286E032585.png
Those are two pieces. It’s supposed to be like that. You can see it in either the steering exploded view or the exploded view that shows the servo, I can’t remember which. Looks like your servo saver might be loose but can’t really see to well in your pics.

Thanks for the reply, I found the exploded view, my servo saver was undone by me while I was exploring what the issue might be. I think the issue might be these tires that I recently purchased are heavier than the stock DBOOTS that came with the truck.

The servo checked out fine it just doesn’t have enough power to turn left or right at the drop of a dime.

Here are the Pro-Line tires I purchased. Super bummed, might have to upgrade to a more powerful servo if I want to bash on these tires.

Any recommendations on an upgrade for the servo?

Thanks!

Here are the tires:

View attachment 15952

Thanks for the reply, I found the exploded view, my servo saver was undone by me while I was exploring what the issue might be. I think the issue might be these tires that I recently purchased are heavier than the stock DBOOTS that came with the truck.

The servo checked out fine it just doesn’t have enough power to turn left or right at the drop of a dime.

Here are the Pro-Line tires I purchased. Super bummed, might have to upgrade to a more powerful servo if I want to bash on these tires.

Any recommendations on an upgrade for the servo?

Thanks!

Here are the tires:

I’m still running through a pair of stock servos I have right now. Once these burn up I’ll likely go with a savox servo. Probably the 1210 and I’ll pair it with a glitch buster. I might add an aluminum servo housing, horn and arm before upgrading the servo, to preserve the life of the stock one.

I’m still running through a pair of stock servos I have right now. Once these burn up I’ll likely go with a savox servo. Probably the 1210 and I’ll pair it with a glitch buster. I might add an aluminum servo housing, horn and arm before upgrading the servo, to preserve the life of the stock one.

I’m stumped! When the truck has its wheels of the ground the servo is able to turn the wheels, as soon as the wheels hit the ground the servo barely makes the wheels turn. I have videos on the issue but don’t know how to upload them.

I’m stumped! When the truck has its wheels of the ground the servo is able to turn the wheels, as soon as the wheels hit the ground the servo barely makes the wheels turn. I have videos on the issue but don’t know how to upload them.
That's because it takes more force to turn wheels when they're bearing the weight of the vehicle. What you're experiencing is normal with the stock servo. Upgrade it because it's going to fail on you soon, I have a savox 1210g but there are posts here that talk about other options.

I killed my stock servo when I put the trencher 3.8s on my outcast after 1 pack. I will have to throw them on the scale but imo the dboots are heavier then the trenchers at least when I hold 1 in each hand the dboots feels heavier. The problem lies in the extra inch on each side of the truck of rubber in contact with the ground. A wider foot print = dead stock servo. If you reset you steering end points and turn up your steering dual rate on the ttx300 this will help the stock servo survive a little longer. But it' only a matter of time with that wide of a tire before you are putting a new servo in. The savox sw1210 is what I run now and it turns the trenchers with ease.

I’ve experienced the very same issue. It was the servo saver being too loose. Check out the Arrma video on how to tighten that nut. The nut should sit 4-5MM above the chassis. I had trouble getting mine to tighten at first because of how loose it was but eventually it grabbed. I’ve heard people having to disassemble the saver to tighten it in cases where it’s super loose.

Servos -
https://www.banggood.com/JX-Servo-C...154872.html?rmmds=mywishlist&cur_warehouse=CN

Or much faster -
https://www.banggood.com/JX-BLS-HV7...179987.html?rmmds=mywishlist&cur_warehouse=CN

Or, huge power, and fast-
https://www.banggood.com/JX-BLS-HV7...180610.html?rmmds=mywishlist&cur_warehouse=CN

Realize that although Arrma says the stock servo is 15kg, that is only at 7.4v (old red ESC). the new black ESC is 6.0v, so it is like 12kg torque...

I wish I would have seen that last one that you posted. I ordered the one below for my MT410. I ordered it on the 16th and three hours later get a tracking number and it says shipped and.......it still says "shipment information sent to FedEx" lol. So we will see how long this takes to receive. They do however say 5-20 business days for shipping so I am assuming it is shipping from Hong Kong to FedEx right now.

https://www.banggood.com/JX-CLS-HV7...-p-1180602.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

I’ve experienced the very same issue. It was the servo saver being too loose. Check out the Arrma video on how to tighten that nut. The nut should sit 4-5MM above the chassis. I had trouble getting mine to tighten at first because of how loose it was but eventually it grabbed. I’ve heard people having to disassemble the saver to tighten it in cases where it’s super loose.

Wow! I’m slow, I think this was my issue all along... I seen this video on YouTube and I can definitely see how to adjust it.

yeah, sometimes the Banggood tracking does not update until after I get my package. Most of the time Banggood is 2 weeks to Texas. Sometimes less, and once I had one that took 6 weeks.... LOL. GAK... I had forgot I had ordered it.

Wow! I’m slow, I think this was my issue all along... I seen this video on YouTube and I can definitely see how to adjust it.

Great! I hope that solves your problems for now. Keep on eye on it after the next bash, it might back out on you again. People have suggested blue locktite or thread tape to hold the nut in place...I haven’t need to explore that avenue yet.

yeah, sometimes the Banggood tracking does not update until after I get my package. Most of the time Banggood is 2 weeks to Texas. Sometimes less, and once I had one that took 6 weeks.... LOL. GAK... I had forgot I had ordered it.
HAHA so I shouldn't be too worried at a week and a half then. Just sucks having this brand new truck and can't drive it because I'm waiting on the servo. Most of the time places list 5-7 day shipping to cover worst case and you end up with it in 2 days, but I guess with Banggood it literally is 5-20 business days.

Yeah, I'll sometimes order from Hobbyking just to get the DHL shipping - normally 2-3 days to Texas. I do wish Banggood had more shipping options. Most of the time, their free or <$5 shipping is fine, but sometimes, I NEEDS MY PRECIOUSSSS!!!

LOL

Banggood sucks, I would never order anything from them unless its in the US warehouse. Takes forever to get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back