Senton Brushless compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jothy.07

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a senton mega but it is brushed I've been looking at some brushless motor and esc combos and one has really caught my eye its the Hobby Wing Ezrun max 10 with a 4000kv motor but I'm not sure if it is compatible electrically and physically can someone do some deeper digging cuz I'm not very familiar with the gearing or sizing of rc's

Last edited:
Personally if I’m going to upgrade to brushless or upgrade my brushless I’m going to get a castle motor and esc no questions asked
So if your looking for a good brushless system I would go castle
But horizon makes good motor and esc combos
If your looking for a esc and motor I’ve got a couple

I have a senton mega but it is brushed I've been looking at some brushless motor and esc combos and one has really caught my eye its the Hobby Wing Ezrun max 10 with a 4000kv motor but I'm not sure if it is compatible electrically and physically can someone do some deeper digging cuz I'm not very familiar with the gearing or sizing of rc's
I have no experience with Hobbywing motors but I have a Quickrun ESC for my k6s and I really liked it. Had no problems with my Hobbywing ESC.

the v3 mega has the blx diff's so it can handle 3s but still has 48 pitch spur. i run the 48 pitch still but i run hr metal spur.

No issues with the slipper?
You will need to upgrade the slipper. The 3s pinion and spur gear will destroy the stock Mega slipper pretty quick. If you stay with a stock Mega pinion and spur, be ready for melted teeth. They're not designed for that kind of torque.
Also, get a drive shaft bearing and support.

I upgraded my granite mega with a more powerful version of that combo (Max10 SCT)
Only thing that wasn't compatible was the pinion, you need one with a 5mm shaft.
And surprisingly the spur gear is in perfect shape after over two months of use on 2S. Now I upgraded the slipper and got a 3S, it's super fast and takes the power quite well.
So yeah, it can be done :D

I have the Ezrun max 10 with a 4000kv in my V3 senton with Granite tires and a 18t pinion and it flys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back