BSR Tire Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Is there a BSR Tire Guide anywhere?

Some of the descriptions include diameter, width and compound.
1681408011344.png

Others don't include anything other than compound.
1681407948656.png

Wheel offset is a mystery and their "website" is a Facebook page, which I refuse to do and you can't see anything.

Where can I find a chart that has Width, Diameter, wheel offset and compound?

I had wondered about the dirt oval tires. They appear to have a very different backspace and I have never tried them.

I have used the 26,30, and 32 drag. The 32drag has a more significant offset to push about 1/2 of the tire out away from the hub/upper arm etc.
Anyone going over 160mph with a 1/10 car is running the 26mm standard tire. I ordered all 26mm for my AK-917.

The rest of the info you seek is here:

color to shore value Capture.JPG

I had wondered about the dirt oval tires. They appear to have a very different backspace and I have never tried them.

I have used the 26,30, and 32 drag. The 32drag has a more significant offset to push about 1/2 of the tire out away from the hub/upper arm etc.
Anyone going over 160mph with a 1/10 car is running the 26mm standard tire. I ordered all 26mm for my AK-917.

The rest of the info you seek is here:

View attachment 292510
That's pretty much gets to my question. I'm assuming they are around 68mm diameter?

Go with the harder compound.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/bsr-ra...m-tires-2-xx-purple-bxrf1021/p1284554?v=59878

That's pretty much gets to my question. I'm assuming they are around 68mm diameter?

Go with the harder compound.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/bsr-ra...m-tires-2-xx-purple-bxrf1021/p1284554?v=59878

From memory, the drag foams were taller by a few mm than the standard versions.

I think for the compound you have to have an honest talk with yourself about how fast you will be going right now. The price is decent compared to 1/8 so buying more later isn't a bank buster...
xx pink is usually good in the 100-140 range and offers a better traction level. Purple is needed for speeds over that but has less grip.

I think for the compound you have to have an honest talk with yourself about how fast you will be going right now. The price is decent compared to 1/8 so buying more later isn't a bank buster...
xx pink is usually good in the 100-140 range and offers a better traction level. Purple is needed for speeds over that but has less grip.
Short term, I can see 100-110, assuming I build it right. Longer term I'd like to see the 120's on 4S with the Rlaarlo. so xx pink would be good, that opens up some options.

Aside from talent, I think my next obstacle is the length of road way. I get the feeling that with the smaller platform and smaller motors I need to be more gentle with the throttle and let is breath longer to see some higher speeds.

Since smaller parts react more to the same inputs, I'd like to get the larger tires I can on there. I'm sure I could swap to 17mm, but there are some body issues and it might look a bit weird and raise it up about 5/8". Scissors and a Dremel will fix the rear. But the front would be cut through the fender, which is a problem.

Yeah, I know the wheel is backwards, but they never show an elevation view of outside of the wheel?
1681487510544.png

Short term, I can see 100-110, assuming I build it right. Longer term I'd like to see the 120's on 4S with the Rlaarlo. so xx pink would be good, that opens up some options.

Aside from talent, I think my next obstacle is the length of road way. I get the feeling that with the smaller platform and smaller motors I need to be more gentle with the throttle and let is breath longer to see some higher speeds.

Since smaller parts react more to the same inputs, I'd like to get the larger tires I can on there. I'm sure I could swap to 17mm, but there are some body issues and it might look a bit weird and raise it up about 5/8". Scissors and a Dremel will fix the rear. But the front would be cut through the fender, which is a problem.

Yeah, I know the wheel is backwards, but they never show an elevation view of outside of the wheel?
View attachment 292732

I have no pride on that subject, I'll be using throttle control and a futaba gyc 441 gyro on mine. 1/10 is ultra hard to drive on foams at speeds over 60 mph.

I always go Purples and Pinks. Most durable, just the least traction. Love the BSR brand. But all foams chunk out at some point . Sometimes only lasting a few passes unfortunately. Need to have spare sets on hand always, or the day can be over quick.:rolleyes:

I always go Purples and Pinks. Most durable, just the least traction. Love the BSR brand. But all foams chunk out at some point . Sometimes only lasting a few passes unfortunately. Need to have spare sets on hand always, or the day can be over quick.:rolleyes:
I think road condition and what you do with the tires makes a big difference.

So far I have made something like 12-15 runs on foams with zero chunking issues (purple compound)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back