Bug Spray Holder - Over Engineered!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got stung before -right in the face- it was not a pleasant experience. Felt like someone slapped me with a stapler. And my face puffed up nice and red.
(at our old place that was right above the front door) when the nest was just a quarter size or two large with probably less than half a dozen of them.

This nest that we have right now is 6-8 inches across. With a Lot more hornets..

Now that we have kiddos, I don't want to take any chances.. it being right above the door to our backyard.

Very understandable. Safety first, especially with the kids!

We used to have this spray called wasp freeze. They reformulated and its not the same anymore...
Back with the original it literally froze them dead in milliseconds. They never had a chance to move and it could spray a thick beam of fluid 10+ ft.

Very understandable. Safety first, especially with the kids!

We used to have this spray called wasp freeze. They reformulated and its not the same anymore...
Back with the original it literally froze them dead in milliseconds. They never had a chance to move and it could spray a thick beam of fluid 10+ ft.

Warner Bros Ice GIF by Mortal Kombat Movie

I guess this picture helps understanding how it works:
1689783350728.png

Certainly a nice overenginered tool :)

I assume you purposely chose for printspeed above anything else. I saw some ringing and zits on smaller prints too, but the main piece does not really shine in terms of print quality.

1689783434382.png

I assume you purposely chose for printspeed above anything else. I saw some ringing and zits on smaller prints too, but the main piece does not really shine in terms of print quality.

The bugs won't care ;)

birth wasp GIF

Yellow jackets are by far the most aggressive stingers down here in Floriduh. Not nearly as prevalent as they use to be however. They nest in the ground and can sting over and over. They excavate the ground and actually have huge waffle cone hives underground. I've dug up some huge ones after treating.

Yellow jackets are by far the most aggressive stingers down here in Floriduh. Not nearly as prevalent as they use to be however. They nest in the ground and can sting over and over. They excavate the ground and actually have huge waffle cone hives underground. I've dug up some huge ones after treating.

Agreed, I don't know if those are a different variant or what but those that burrow in the ground are highly aggressive. I have been stung by those also.

I guess this picture helps understanding how it works:
View attachment 312268
Certainly a nice overenginered tool :)

View attachment 312269

I know, I know...
It's an issue I've been trying to solve for awhile now..

Yes part of it is my print speed @ 65mm/s...
And the other is because I'm still using the puny stock NEMA 42-34 stepper for Y-axis , trying to sling a Much larger 400x400mm bed back and forth at those speeds..
The issue was even Worse with the glass bed!
at least is "better" than before. 🤣

The zits problem is more apparent with me using a 0.6 nozzle.

I wanted to install a 0.8 ,but the surface quality would have looked like a case of the measles. 🙈🤷‍♂️😬

In 2004, I was called to do a yellow jacket job out in a field near some power lines. There was 2 out of state line workers repairing a line days before after having 3 hurricanes in a 6 week period.( Never forget it) The one utility worker was stung so many times, his partner had to drag him away from the site as he was unconscious. Both men spent days in the hospital and 1 nearly died. As I began spraying cypher near the entrance hole in the ground, I agitated the colony. It soon looked like a black tornado about 10 ft tall above the opening. I used about 80 gallons of cypher to finish off that nest and returned Twice to retreat it. That was the one job that actually made me scared and I've done plenty.

Yes part of it is my print speed @ 65mm/s...
And the other is because I'm still using the puny stock NEMA 42-34 stepper for Y-axis , trying to sling a Much larger 400x400mm bed back and forth at those speeds..
The issue was even Worse with the glass bed!
at least is "better" than before. 🤣
60+mm/s should be doable. That puny motor for a big bed certainly must be the root cause. A glass bed will need a big brim to keep it from getting lose.

The zits problem is more apparent with me using a 0.6 nozzle.

I wanted to install a 0.8 ,but the surface quality would have looked like a case of the measles. 🙈🤷‍♂️😬
Figured you were using a big nozzle. With 0.8 it's would be .2 per layer 'minimum'. What layer height did you print this 0.4?

With bambu speeds I actually dropped my standards to .12/.16 as it does add a lot of strength (not that it matters much for your bug sprayer)
My latest prints, top and bottom motormount test brackets are actually holding up at 35mph test/calibration runs (PETG+CF / PLA broke instantly)
1689791231787.png

In the meantime i've learned a lot about american bugs. Cicadas are definately interesting with their life cycle. Never heard of those before.
Hornets, wasps, processionary caterpillars are the main pests we have here in the Netherlands. Hornets are getting bigger and bigger though. One day we'll have to submit to their rule...

When I lived back east, we had some wasp nest on the side of the house. At the same time they were drilling a well which created a very nice mud pool. So my brother and his nimrod friend decided the best way to get rid of the wasps to hammer the nest with mud balls.

It actually worked because it trapped them in the nest with a thick layer of mud... when they hit the nest. You can do the math for the times they missed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back