Typhon Build thread stretched V5 typhon Kraton chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
i wasn’t sure if I should make a new thread or edit my old one… still new to this and haven’t posted besides my last. But Typhon 6s V5 stretched on Kraton chassis is still a work in progress…

Still needing:
Esc Mount
Motor Mount
Rear chassis support
Tires

Newly parts:
Kraton chassis
Limitless shock tower (front)
Limitless shocks (front)

Installed typhon front shocks into the rear, should I swap the rear shock tower as well for the limitless one?

IMG_5348.jpeg

IMG_5345.jpeg

IMG_5337.jpeg

IMG_5339.jpeg

IMG_5334.jpeg

i wasn’t sure if I should make a new thread or edit my old one… still new to this and haven’t posted besides my last. But Typhon 6s V5 stretched on Kraton chassis is still a work in progress…

Still needing:
Esc Mount
Motor Mount
Rear chassis support
Tires

Newly parts:
Kraton chassis
Limitless shocks (front)

Installed typhon front shocks into the rear, should I swap the rear shock tower as well for the limitless one?

View attachment 309693

View attachment 309694

View attachment 309695

View attachment 309696

View attachment 309697

Looking good 👍

Start new thread.
It's a Go!

Is this going to be a street/speed runner? Too narrow for off road, but good on road I'd bet.
For off road, I suggest Mojo running gear (arms,shocks,ect) over Typhon.

Still needing:
Esc Mount
Motor Mount
Rear chassis support
Tires

Newly parts:
Kraton chassis
Limitless shocks (front)

View attachment 309693

View attachment 309694

View attachment 309695

View attachment 309696

View attachment 309697

Im eventually doing a similar build.

Current one, I choose Talion Towers with Typhon shocks, The towers are shorter than typhon and the shocks can still work.
Kraton or Mojave Shocks are way too big. I use the Typhon Towers with kraton Shocks for another 6S rig that is for Grass, Dirt and bashing.
I tried the Mojave Shocks on the larger buggy and they are just too tall/Big. Completely wrong for the rig.

I used the LWB chassis from a Kraton and was going to use Mojave Arms and shafts and still may but the Typhon Arms with Hub extensions gave it the width it needed to stay more stable.

My next version will use shorter towers but limitless all around are too short in my opinion.

I have a set of Limitless towers and rear shocks. So my plan is to use Limitless rear tower and rear shocks that will go in the front.
Then will likely use Typhon front tower and shocks for the back.
That will lower the Typhon but still give it more "Buggy" clearance.
I also sourced lots of different springs with heavier sprung weight.

The way I think of it, if I want my Typhon to be a Limitless, I'll just get a Limitless.
Different principals apply.
Limitness seems to need to be very low and not let much air travel under the car. Or they take off like a plane.
The Buggy can't sit that low and air will travel under creating Lift but that can be mitigated to some degree.
As the speed increases, the Buggy design falls apart and just can't work well - in my opinion. But I do see lots of high speed Typhon, it's just way more of a challenge.
I think once you modify a Typhon to run like a Limitless, you still have issues with things that can't be changed - so why bother. Wrong tool for the job.

Nice build! Where are you installing the dog food?
I think that’s just for snacking during the build. I prefer the Blue Buffalo kibbles, but they need salt.

Nice build! Where are you installing the dog food?

Doggie tricks for when he needs his pet dog to fetch some parts from the Other room..

Current one, I choose Talion Towers with Typhon shocks, The towers are shorter than typhon and the shocks can still work.
Kraton or Mojave Shocks are way too big. I use the Typhon Towers with kraton Shocks for another 6S rig that is for Grass, Dirt and bashing.
I tried the Mojave Shocks on the larger buggy and they are just too tall/Big. Completely wrong for the rig.

I used the LWB chassis from a Kraton and was going to use Mojave Arms and shafts and still may but the Typhon Arms with Hub extensions gave it the width it needed to stay more stable.

My next version will use shorter towers but limitless all around are too short in my opinion.

I have a set of Limitless towers and rear shocks. So my plan is to use Limitless rear tower and rear shocks that will go in the front.

The way I think of it, if I want my Typhon to be a Limitless, I'll just get a Limitless.
Limitness seems to need to be very low and not let much air travel under the car. Or they take off like a plane.
The Buggy can't sit that low and air will travel under creating Lift but that can be mitigated to some degree.
As the speed increases, the Buggy design falls apart and just can't work well - in my opinion. But I do see lots of high speed Typhon, it's just way more of a challenge.
I think once you modify a Typhon to run like a Limitless, you still have issues with things that can't be changed - so why bother. Wrong tool for the job.
I think he said in another thread that this will be an on-road speed car. That’s why I recommended the setup I did.
That said, I appreciate your advice..If you want a Lim, buy a Lim. Had I done that to begin with I’d have saved a bit of coin…

I used a Kraton chassis with towers,shocks,arms ect from the Mojo. It really drives well on my track. Really turns in nicely with just a bit of tipiness to it. Exciting and rewarding to drive I feel. Just another reason the Arrma 6s line rules..so many options to build with!!😁👌🍻

Is this going to be a street/speed runner? Too narrow for off road, but good on road I'd bet.
For off road, I suggest Mojo running gear (arms,shocks,ect) over Typhon.
Strictly street and speed
Doggie tricks for when he needs his pet dog to fetch some parts from the Other room..
Just got a Shepard husky mix, trying to get everything situated for her🤣

Strictly street and speed

Just got a Shepard husky mix, trying to get everything situated for her🤣

Oh man, Shepard and Husky. That dog is going to have some attitude at times!

I don't have any flat enough roads for high speed running ANYWHERE near me :-/

Just the littlest thing like the seams in the road are enough to send a street racer like a limitless flying all too easily.
The Buggy sails over them but with compromise. Looses traction thus speed.
Can't have them both.

This video shows what 99% of all roadways look around me.
It's NOT Limitless Territory at all.
It's like Living on a Roller Coaster!

Just the littlest thing like the seams in the road are enough to send a street racer like a limitless flying all too easily.
Can't have them both.

Yeah, she’s 9 weeks and is already little stubborn but I’ve started training her and she comes to work with me.
Flat roads by me are scarce but we do have a couple flat country roads I run on. I will in fact have to change locations due to getting yelled at and cops almost called on me.

Jeez, well bashers are always fun too I have a couple🤣 bumpy hilly roads sucks to run them in for sure

Can't have them both.

I am from NY as well, upstate Binghamton area

Can't have them both.

Yeah, no better on the northern side of the catskills either..same scenery though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back