Mojave Bulkheads - Scorched RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
And you guys thought I only fooled with crawlers. Sorta pleased with the quality of these Scorched RC bulkheads for my EXB.

20240308_145622.jpg

You better be a little more than sorta pleased for $100 ea. 😂

It's nice and all, but I wish it would take the larger 2.9 sway bar. Uses screws and washers to secure the sway bar, so I will see if it holds up under heavy cornering. I'll show a photo with the sway bar installed shortly.

You better be a little more than sorta pleased for $100 ea. 😂
If I machined this in-house on our CNC mills, it would probably be $300..! I'm fine with the $100 tag on this item.

It would be a good time to ditch the stock ackerman bar while you have it apart too (y) Is that grease in the threads? I hate buying used trucks from people with aluminum parts because there is always at least one rounded off screw on them somewhere. I still hit all of mine with a dab of loctite but the steering servo and bottom screws on the steering pillars. They seem to be the ones that get me the most of the time. The top screws on the pillars i loctite in so the whole inner piece don't spin trying to take the front end off.

I grease all threads when it's threading into alum or steel. Dry threads give poor torque uniformity. I'll loctite some of the threads, such as grub screws on outputs. So far the EXB Ackerman bar has been fine for our driving on the grass and dirt tracks. I'm only upgrading as I need to, or as parts wear out. The factory rear hub carriers finally died off, so those were replaced with an aluminum version. I'm actually quite pleased with the handling of this truck. I just want to dial in the rollcenter a bit more in the rear and it should be good to go for racing.

s

Back