Infraction Scorched RC Inner Fenders good for speedrunning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSassin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Vorteks
  3. Infraction 4x4
Sorry to have to start a thread about this, but I did some searching and couldn't get a definitive answer.
I'm starting to put some pieces together for my Infraction v2, looking to get a little of both worlds...mostly parking lot bashing, but also speedruns, nothing crazy maybe 120's
I know the scorched inner fenders are great at keeping out all the dirt and crap from the car, but does it adversely affect speed runs (I know it may affect temps, but not sure about the aero dept)

I always questioned the same. I never did it. I don't feel it matters much. Plain Extend side skirts are what the seasoned Speed runners guys do for aero if anything.
And for cleaner on-roading, inner Wheel Fenders are not that necessary. But still functional to some extent.

Give it try and decide for yourself.

I have seen Raz run CF side skirt extensions, then places straight upright pieces just behind the front wheels and just ahead of the rear wheels.
He rarely does that though. Not sure what results he got.
I do know that his rigs are always 150+mph.;)

Last edited:
I always questioned the same. I never did it. I don't feel it matters much. Plain Extend side skirts are what the seasoned Speed runners guys do for aero if anything.
And for cleaner on-roading, inner Wheel Fenders are not that necessary. But still functional to some extent.

Give it try and decide for yourself.
Yea I might give it a try and see, I mean worst case I could just take them off before I go sending it, just thought someone had done it before.
Meh, idk broski.. 120 with inner fenders.. might be a little risky and I'm not sure I have seen it done before!!🤔

Sheeeet.. send it!! 💯🫣
In my mind I think it could work, I figure once I get a little rake on the car and cut down the stock wing a bit...but who knows, just send it like you said!!

It has been done. It is common to run them.
Just that those are the guys just Hooning around Drifting and all. Which creates all that rubber dust from the smoking tires. Fenders keep that crap away from the inner chassis. I could see some value for this. Especialy if running on dirty, pebbly pavement.
The hard core dedicated speed runners never run them
Give it a try.;)

Subbed. If I had to guess I’d say it’s possible to introduce some bad aero there at speed. Another four “pockets” to possibly lift?
Interested to see your results.
Does David from Scorched run them? I can’t really remember, hmmm….

I have seen Raz run CF side skirt extensions, then places straight upright pieces just behind the front wheels and just ahead of the rear wheels.
He rarely does that though. Not sure what results he got.
I do know that his rigs are always 150+mph.;)
Yes I have seen him do that for sure, but I'm thinking for 120's I may be able to get away with it.
I was watching a couple of the videos from the last ROSSA event, and David's car (Scorched RC) has moldings covering all his wheels (I know, totally different than inner fenders, but maybe not that far off)

Scorched.png

Yes I have seen him do that for sure, but I'm thinking for 120's I may be able to get away with it.
I was watching a couple of the videos from the last ROSSA event, and David's car (Scorched RC) has moldings covering all his wheels (I know, totally different than inner fenders, but maybe not that far off)

View attachment 315464
Well, if that is the 219mph car I guess it puts the argument to bed pretty definitively! Although he did blow it over in the 160’s once. 😊

Subbed. If I had to guess I’d say it’s possible to introduce some bad aero there at speed. Another four “pockets” to possibly lift?
Interested to see your results.
That was my initial thought also, but then I'm thinking that the front of each wheel is covered so the incoming air would go over the arches 🤷‍♂️

That was my initial thought also, but then I'm thinking that the front of each wheel is covered so the incoming air would go over the arches 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, and now that I think of it, aren’t all four of his wheels totally covered by the body? Like full wheel skirts?

Well, if that is the 219mph car I guess it puts the argument to bed pretty definitively! Although he did blow it over in the 160’s once. 😊
I'm not sure this is the 219mph one, I believe he said it was rebuilt, but yea I'm thinking it might not be as bad as I thought.
And on the brighter side, I'll take a blow over at 120 vs 160 anyday! ☠️ lol

Yeah, and now that I think of it, aren’t all four of his wheels totally covered by the body? Like full wheel skirts?
True, I do believe they are...so definitely can't compare.
I think I'm just going to give it a shot and see, worst case I'll just take them off when necessary.

I have had blow overs in the high 90's, from a stupid tire blow out one time. Totaled. It was cheaper for me to buy another Lim roller for parts. Cheaper than JennysRC. Did that twice.:giggle:

Last edited:
It has been done. It is common to run them.
Just that those are the guys just Hooning around Drifting and all. Which creates all that rubber dust from the smoking tires. Fenders keep that crap away from the inner chassis. I could see some value for this. Especialy if running on dirty, pebbly pavement.
The hard core dedicated speed runners never run them
Give it a try.;)
Yea I have seen a few people running them, but like you said it's mostly the bashers/hooners and not so much speedrunners.
Where I live doesn't really allow for anything crazy in terms of speed, so I think 120's is my target/cap. But I would definitely like to keep out all the rocks and dust which is it intended purpose. Gonna give it a try.

Let us know what you think. Your results.(y)
Where I am, I don't have enough room for 100+mph speeds here also.
So I geared myself for the 100mph+/- max. And keep it there.

I havehad blow overs in the high 90's, from a stupid tire blow out one time. Totaled. It was cheaper for me to buy another Lim roller for parts. Cheaper than JennysRC. Did that twice.:giggle:
Oh wow, now you're scaring me lol
Now I'm weighing the risk vs reward of running with them as opposed to just take them off when I'm pinning it 🤔
Let us know what you think. Your results.(y)
Where I am, I don't have enough room for 100+mph speeds here also.
So I geared myself for the 100mph+/- max. And keep it there.
Will do 🤞

Oh wow, now you're scaring me lol
Now I'm weighing the risk vs reward of running with them as opposed to just take them off when I'm pinning it 🤔

Will do 🤞
His was from blown tires. And sometimes you run over a cigarette butt and lift! 😂

Worry about your tires.
I never speed run run beat up tires. My worn ones get recycled for just light hooning around. I don't do hard drifting. Make sure to balance your tires after one quick breakin. Wheel alignment is critical and I always rotate my tires front to rear after a few runs. I do get much mileage out of tires this way.
His was from blown tires. And sometimes you run over a cigarette butt and lift! 😂
A stupid pebble or the even slightest unforseen divit will send it flying. Its just a thing. Get used to it. Once these are airborne, there is no rotation control like most Offroad Mt rigs. Flys like a frisbee. The street curbs usually cost me. I have a V1 Lim and V1 Infr.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back