Mojave Can I fit a Max5 in a Mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITANIUM94010

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Can I fit a Max 5 ESC in a Mojave? I'm getting a Mojave EXB, and before I pull the trigger, I just want to make sure the ESC fits. Yeah I know the ESCs overkill for it, but the less heat the better.

It probably wont fit in the stock mount, but with some mods I should be able to do it right?

Can I fit a Max 5 ESC in a Mojave? I'm getting a Mojave EXB, and before I pull the trigger, I just want to make sure the ESC fits. Yeah I know the ESCs overkill for it, but the less heat the better.

It probably wont fit in the stock mount, but with some mods I should be able to do it right?
It’ll be tight.. I’ve seen people lately start mounting their esc’s sideways in a pinch ??‍♂️

I would go with a MMX8s. It will fit in the stock location and they run very cool :)

I have a max 5 in my Infraction. Go to 3:12 time in the vid and you can see it. I had to trim the esc box out and relocate the receiver and get rid of the receiver box. You may be able to mount the receiver box somewhere else.

MMX 8s is a good ESC, but I've always just had better luck with Hobbywing electronics.
Plus, the Max5s closer to an XLX.

So I can mount on sideways and be fine?
I fit an XLX2 on the stock plate and retained the radio box, I’m sure you could get the Max5 in there too.

3D1B45C6-B825-4C1A-8B21-388510A8D41A.jpeg
8A82ACDD-3928-4310-B6B9-9A64550F97E2.jpeg

Love this combo! Not sure how heavy the MEXB is but mine weighs in around 17lbs w 6s lipo. I’m currently running 25t pinion w infraction 46spur. I go to rail town on some 3.8 trenchers and the motor stays around 125-130 BUT I’ve got crazy fans and heat sink. For my style of getting in her the bullshit hobbywing heatsink fan barely worked lol.
Best bang for the buck in my opinion big block up grade for a big truck. Just wish the wires were longer.
7E383EC2-FC9C-43A4-A12C-5345252FA6A0.jpeg
7A12F4DA-D7C5-4BCB-B97A-33C8324ABFC0.jpeg

The esc sits close to the center diff in order for wires to reach
I never have thermal issues. Bout to jump to the 26t
Also, I removed the heavy cockpit from the body so it breaths better.

Love this combo! Not sure how heavy the MEXB is but mine weighs in around 17lbs w 6s lipo. I’m currently running 25t pinion w infraction 46spur. I go to rail town on some 3.8 trenchers and the motor stays around 125-130 BUT I’ve got crazy fans and heat sink.

Nice setup..those are some serious fans...do you have link to esc fan, motor fans and heatsink.

Nice setup..those are some serious fans...do you have link to esc fan, motor fans and heatsink.
Fans and heat sink from NTF on Facebook ONLY. There’s another dude making em now too. GamechangerRc. The one I’ve got on my esc is a ball bearing revtech. That one works directly off the esc. The others run 9-12v and require a seperate lipo or what I did was a programmable BEC.

Love this combo! Not sure how heavy the MEXB is but mine weighs in around 17lbs w 6s lipo. I’m currently running 25t pinion w infraction 46spur. I go to rail town on some 3.8 trenchers and the motor stays around 125-130 BUT I’ve got crazy fans and heat sink. For my style of getting in her the bullshit hobbywing heatsink fan barely worked lol.
Best bang for the buck in my opinion big block up grade for a big truck. Just wish the wires were longer. View attachment 106073View attachment 106074
The esc sits close to the center diff in order for wires to reach
I never have thermal issues. Bout to jump to the 26t
Also, I removed the heavy cockpit from the body so it breaths better.
Hey there just joined the group because I just picked up the Max 5 800kv combo. I can’t for the life of me figure out how you’re clearing the motor/pinion. Do you mind showing some closer pics?

FFE6B2B4-0D75-4C06-8CD7-510E04CCB61C.jpeg
Took some chopping and dremel’ing but she will fit. Still have some fine tuning on fit. And sadly have to wait for motor mount 😭

I finished mocking up the Max5 and 800kv motor into the EXB. Had to cut about 8mm or so off the motor shaft (be careful magnet plus metal bad) and then had to trim a few bits of plastic off the body but very minor. Dremel and some snips. #1 THING you need a motor mount! The stock does not work, extending the motor wires would be good too but not necessary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back