Kraton Cancelled my Kraton EXB pre-order on Horizon and Ordered for $582 on TowerHobbies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgitalchaos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
$700 is a bit for the EXB RTR, especially if the Spektrum 150A V2 is having issues. There are so many good RCs to choose from in the $700 range, especially if I already have a Kraton 6S. Can’t say I’ve broken anything other that bearings and diff covers, and a few bulkheads, but does that warrant getting a new one or just buy aluminum bulkheads? Decisions, decisions.

And the Sledge was a joke for the same price point. I’m not even sure when Horizon will start shipping the new Kraton EXB.

IMG_8026.jpeg

you shouldn't have paid 700 with all the sales and stuff going on. under 600$ looks a lot better and you could have easily got that during black friday sales. I bet you can get it again in a week or so with christmas sales.

I think Amain tends to be pretty good about dates and they have it listed as Dec 21st iirc.

$700 is a bit for the EXB RTR, especially if the Spektrum 150A V2 is having issues. There are so many good RCs to choose from in the $700 range, especially if I already have a Kraton 6S. Can’t say I’ve broken anything other that bearings and diff covers, and a few bulkheads, but does that warrant getting a new one or just buy aluminum bulkheads? Decisions, decisions.

And the Sledge was a joke for the same price point. I’m not even sure when Horizon will start shipping the new Kraton EXB.

View attachment 335979

Cancel for now and get it when it's at a better price.

you shouldn't have paid 700 with all the sales and stuff going on. under 600$ looks a lot better and you could have easily got that during black friday sales. I bet you can get it again in a week or so with christmas sales.

I think Amain tends to be pretty good about dates and they have it listed as Dec 21st iirc.
I ordered the 18th of November, but I didn’t see any Black Friday sales on it, though I haven’t been keeping up.

Get the Sledge. It's a beast. 🏁
Sledge was a joke, at least when it was first released. They’ve probably fixed the issues with the dogbones losing their pins. ESC is super close to the center diff dogbone, and on my first drive, the pin came out and shorted out the ESC. Then Traxxas replaced the ESC, and the pins at the axles came out destroying two out drives. First RC Traxxas has completely replaced for me. Got the new one and sold it for cheap.
What issues have people been reporting with the V2 ESC?
Drag break is enabled when letting off 3/4 throttle and the RC nose dives. Even adjusting the settings doesn’t fix it.
Cancel the preorder. Sell everything RC related and leave the hobby forever. Thank me latter. Your welcome.
Would certainly be easier on my wallet😂

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 6.12.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 6.12.50 PM.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
So if I pay the $9.99 I can use the 20% off coupon?

You get 20 bucks in Tower cash to use on your next order too, since you're spending at least $100. Plus the points you normally get. If you have another purchase in mind, the coupon can be used again and combined with the Tower cash and points.

Sledge was a joke, at least when it was first released. They’ve probably fixed the issues with the dogbones losing their pins. ESC is super close to the center diff dogbone, and on my first drive, the pin came out and shorted out the ESC. Then Traxxas replaced the ESC, and the pins at the axles came out destroying two out drives. First RC Traxxas has completely replaced for me. Got the new one and sold it for cheap.

Drag break is enabled when letting off 3/4 throttle and the RC nose dives. Even adjusting the settings doesn’t fix it.

Would certainly be easier on my wallet😂
My brother had the same problems with the driveshafts, took out the esc as well. He bought aftermarket shafts for the whole truck, M2C motor mount and esc plate. Max 6...now it's a beast.

So if I pay the $9.99 I can use the 20% off coupon?
Yep, thats exactly what I did and I paid only 580$ for my pre order but I did have like 10$ in points iirc.

I would deffinitley cancel if you really arent looking foward to the exact same rig you have right now. Get it later when its much cheaper
Just ordered for $582! If I upgraded mine, I'd be spending about $540 to make it like the new EXB. Certainly feel better below $600 instead of $700 plus taxes.
My brother had the same problems with the driveshafts, took out the esc as well. He bought aftermarket shafts for the whole truck, M2C motor mount and esc plate. Max 6...now it's a beast.
The stock Fireteam has been 10 times better than the Sledge, but I didn't feel like spending more money on that Sledge that I hated immediately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back