Castle Link V 3 and y-Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect the Castle Link V3 via Y-Cable to the receiver and ESC? Then have one lead of the Y-Cable come out of the receiver box. So I can be connected to the Castle Link V3. Would only have to change the adapter from plug to socket.
That would prevent me from having to open the receiver box every time to read the log.

Or is there a danger to the receiver if I connect the Y-cable to directly to the Castle Link V3 and then to the Laptop without disconnecting from the receiver.

I am aware there is an older version (?) of a Castle Link (Quick Link Connect) with an attached Y-Cable. Not sure if it's so old to create compatibility problems in future. Not sure if it's worth buying.

Last edited:
That's what I meant. Thanks! Just found a memo from Castle that warns about having the AUX cable connected while connecting to the Castle Link. So I was wondering if there are downsides using a simple servo cable while leaving the ESC connected to the receiver.

Just found a memo from Castle that warns about having the AUX cable connected while connecting to the Castle Link
Yeah you have to disconnect all the cables from ESC to receiver before using Castle Link. So if you use the aux wire, you'll want to connect that outside the receiver box as well. Easy to do - just use a second one of those 3" extensions for it.

Yeah you have to disconnect all the cables from ESC to receiver before using Castle Link. So if you use the aux wire, you'll want to connect that outside the receiver box as well. Easy to do - just use a second one of those 3" extensions for it.
So you basically have a simple servo type cable socket / plug that you disconnect outside the receiverbox to then connect it to the castle link? I am am not using the aux cable.

Does anyone know the connector type here so I don’t have to butcher the OEM Fan?

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

Last edited:
So you basically have a simple servo type cable socket / plug that you disconnect outside the receiverbox to then connect it to the castle link? I am am not using the aux cable.
3” servo/ESC extension wire plugs into receiver and then reaches outside of the receiver box.

ESC wire plugs into that extension wire. The ESC wire never goes into the receiver box.

When you want to plug in the Castle Link, unplug the ESC wire from the extension wire. You never have to open up the receiver box.

Does anyone know the connector type here so I don’t have to butcher the OEM Fan?

View attachment 319759

View attachment 319760
I just desolder the wires from the stock fan and from the new fan. Then I solder the castle connector wire onto the new fan.

Takes about two minutes.

But for higher power setups I run the fan off the receiver so that it is always on, instead of only turning on above 140F like the stock fan.

It's getting cold here already so that may be a benefit to get some heat in the batteries/ESC for top speed runs. I'll probably do that next summer, thanks for the advice!

It's a JST 51005 1S Lipo Battery balance cable FYI!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back