Castle link???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
What link do I need for a sidewinder 3? Do I need the card, the usb, or just an app? Please help super confused.

plug-in USB Link <- Used when near a computer, micro usb connection to ESC, Software download to Mac/PC, full feature control, download log files etc

Field Programming Card <- Used in the field to modify the most common settings

Bluetooth Programmer <-Same functionality as USB Link, but via BT to a mobile device, software download from apple store/google play

All of the above work with Sidewinder series ESC's

plug-in USB Link <- Used when near a computer, micro usb connection to ESC, Software download to Mac/PC, full feature control, download log files etc

Field Programming Card <- Used in the field to modify the most common settings

Bluetooth Programmer <-Same functionality as USB Link, but via BT to a mobile device, software download from apple store/google play

All of the above work with Sidewinder series ESC's
Ok, makes more sense. Which one would you recommend?

Ok, makes more sense. Which one would you recommend?
The Bluetooth one is your Cadillac (without having used it myself) and the USB is minimum for full functionality (I have this, but it was free with a coupon inside the ESC box. I haven't been in a situation where I needed to pull the car apart and change an esc setting in the field, but the cost of the field and USB together is close enough to the BT module. idk minimum USB, BT if you have an extra 60 bucks

The Bluetooth one is your Cadillac (without having used it myself) and the USB is minimum for full functionality (I have this, but it was free with a coupon inside the ESC box. I haven't been in a situation where I needed to pull the car apart and change an esc setting in the field, but the cost of the field and USB together is close enough to the BT module. idk minimum USB, BT if you have an extra 60 bucks
Awesome, how exactly does the usb work?

Awesome, how exactly does the usb work?
You open the receiver housing, unplug the main input into throttle from the ESC and plug it into the USB chip, then a micro USB from the chip into the PC. Powers on the Esc enough via usb, run their software and read/write. There are a couple option Y split cables so you don't have to keep unplugging things and can leave the female side available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back