Kraton Castle Mamba Monster X 8s calibration failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonpilot77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just finished building my 6S EXB, with CC Monster X 8S /1717 1650kv combo. Spektrum DX5C transmitter and SR6100AT Receiver. In case it matters, I have SPMA95871 Telemetry sensor plugged in as well. When trying to calibrate the ESC, holding throttle down on transmitter, batt disconnected and switch off to ESC, when connecting the battery, then turning ESC on with trigger still pulled down, I just get a flashing red light, no beeps. Doesn't matter how long I hold the throttle down. As soon as I let go of the throttle, the ESC powers up and receiver lights uup/ powers on. I start getting beeps as if starts the calibration process, bot only after releasing throttle.

I attempted to go through the calibration process even though it didn't start correctly, but before I was even finished, the motor started spinning. It does respond to forward and reverse but yellow light now on solid and flashes red with 3 fast beeps over and over. I've tried multiple times, & same result. Help? Here's photos of the install showing wiring I also used Castle B-link to program ESC. I don't think it matters, but I have a gensacearespammers 6S & 4S Lipo batteries, with 4S currently installed. I have a video of it as well but can't post it on the Forum, of course.

20220814_233730.jpg

20220814_231713.jpg

20220815_002316.jpg

20220815_003512.jpg

Last edited:
Try reversing throttle on your radio

Ok, I did that, process and the first 2 times I tried, it started calibration process normally, but after putting in neutral. Doesn't arm, & still repeats same 3 short beeps.
Just tried that a second time and this time didn't register the brake position before the 3 beeps of failure started.
I tried the whole re-binding process, while throttle still reversed, and back to square one. put throttle back to normal, tried again. Re-binded, and again. I give up for the night. My fingers are sore from all of the connecting and disconnecting of the battery. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
I figured out the issue. I had all of the settings correct. With the Spektrum DX5C and SR6100AT combo, when calibrating ESC, you can't have trigger already pulled in. As soon as the first beep happens after turning on, that's when you pull the trigger. The rest happens like normal. That is per Castle tech support. He said that combo is a problem child when it comes to setting it up. Just in case anyone else has this issue, here you go.

Thanks for the information. Figuring something like this out can be super frustrating. You’ll definitely help someone with a similar setup.
And hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the information. Figuring something like this out can be super frustrating. You’ll definitely help someone with a similar setup.
And hey, welcome to the forum!
Thanks, Dan. This is my first build. The only other RC that I have had was a Schumacher Fusion .21 back in 2002. Things have changed a bit since then and electric has come a long way.

I had them same problem until somebody showed me a work around. If you have castle link go into the settings on the esc and change the arming time to 4s. This will allow the receiver to power up first, go to full throttle on the rx and then the esc will arm allowing you to calibrate. You can always increase the arming time if 4s is not enough. Once calibration is complete you can reset the arming time back to default. Hope this helps.

I had them same problem until somebody showed me a work around. If you have castle link go into the settings on the esc and change the arming time to 4s. This will allow the receiver to power up first, go to full throttle on the rx and then the esc will arm allowing you to calibrate. You can always increase the arming time if 4s is not enough. Once calibration is complete you can reset the arming time back to default. Hope this helps.
Good idea!

Things have changed a bit since then and electric has come a long way.
You ain’t whistling Dixie! Quantum leaps ahead. Makes you wonder what’s coming next. These modern cars are freaking awesome, especially the Arrma 6s line. The only limiting factor these days seems to be the depth of one’s pockets. Way too easy to jump in feet first only to discover a short time later that you’ve cumulatively invested enough in the hobby to buy a nice used car. A real one! 😂

Oh man! You just saved me hours and hours of searching for the same problem! I have the same TX and RX.

And i just calibrated!

I know this is an old thread, but just had to say thanks for sharing your experience and solution.
Had the same issue last night but I was using a MMX8S/DX3/SR6100AT combo. Followed what you said and all is well.
I found it a little strange because one of my other cars uses an MM2/DX3/SR6200A combo and I calibrated that just fine the normal way.

I don't want to invest in a castle link, hopefully this will also remedy my issue getting into program mode.

I don't want to invest in a castle link, hopefully this will also remedy my issue getting into program mode.
man you could post in classifieds and probably get one for free. Or get a free coupon from someone! I actually had one recently but I don't know what I did with it.

man you could post in classifieds and probably get one for free. Or get a free coupon from someone! I actually had one recently but I don't know what I did with it.
The only modification I need immediately is motor direction running sensored. The previous owner has a good baseline otherwise.

Edit-calibrated and programmed this afternoon, hold trigger when you first hear an audible tone. 25/46, time to spool up and add pinion!

IMG_0169.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back