Charge rate for NiMH batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronF

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi guys,

I just got my new fancy pants ISDT K2 charger and went to charge my NiMH battery, the battery says don't exceed the charge rate but doesn't say what that is. Is it the same rule of 1C for NiMH batteries?

The battery is a Dynamite Speedpack2 3300mah 7-cell. The standard one that comes with the MEGA's.

I went into the settings and noticed that it was charging at 5A which seems too much so dropped it to 3A. My old charger was super basic and couldn't charge more than 3A so just being cautious to not destroy the battery \ burn my house down...

I did that for my voltage's nimh and the battery got hot to the touch. Is that normal?
Yup.
https://power.tenergy.com/rechargeable-battery-operation/#:~:text=According to specification, most NiMH,of charge will affect this.

When charging rechargeable batteries, they do increase in temperature substantially due to internal resistance. Thus, the batteries may feel warm when the charge is completed. According to specification, most NiMH batteries, may heat up to 55° C during a rapid charge. This can certainly feel hot to some individuals. This is pretty much normal. The amount of discharge and of course the rate of charge will affect this. This is why we recommend the following:

1. Do not close the cover (if your NiMH Battery Charger has one) while your batteries are charging. It is best to allow any heat to dissipate as much as possible.

2. Always allow your batteries to cool before placing them in your camera or equipment.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back