Kraton Chassis Brace Connector Redsign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Boyce

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Chassie Brace Connector.jpg

So im looking to have this made or a form of this made this is just concept. So the top silver piece will connect into the rear chassis brace which will prob also have to be made so you can screw from underneath. Also the front one in a similar way. I think this will stronger than connecting the front and rear shock tower together. It willalso reduce the pressure on the rear diff case. What do you guys think

Looks good man. Also, you could just make the top brace with pass through holes and then thread it into the bottom brace. I would want 2 screws in the rear where the top brace meets the rear. OR, and a better idea (to me), make the rear brace and the top brace as one part. So no new hard ware needed there. Then a pass through hole in the front of the top brace and a longer screw threads into the lower front brace.

GKA? VOLTAGE HOBBIES? You guys seeing this? I'm in for a prototype.

I really like it because I don't use the center roll cage, so it'll go on easy, and it'll make nice handle

Yea I just replied to the other message you sent me. Yea there is loads of options with this on how and where to connect the bits. Whether with screws and bolts or joined together parts. I will upload some more options to this over the coming days. I'm still waiting to purchase my Kraton, the V3 is on back order. Unfortunately I have no access to dimension to draw it correctly. I drew it from looking at a side view of pictures I found on the net. Need to get hold of all he specifications. Can any one help please

Unless you are looking to produce this yourself, I think getting Voltage, GKA, RPM, etc, on board is the way to go.

The best thing is I've been talking with Greg fwhi is GKA and he is interested in the project. So you up for having the second ever one of these

I don't mind at all. This is your design, I just had suggestions. Making it 2 pieces will be much more cost effective, as it will require less material to start cutting from.

Guys need help

I need a picture of the front Brace connection on the kraton, but it need to show below the red aluminium plate. Reason for this is to see if there is room to take the front Brace connection down to the trucks main chassis as myself and GKA believe this is a week point in my design. I hoping it will miss the front drive shaft

Guys need help

I need a picture of the front Brace connection on the kraton, but it need to show below the red aluminium plate. Reason for this is to see if there is room to take the front Brace connection down to the trucks main chassis as myself and GKA believe this is a week point in my design. I hoping it will miss the front drive shaft
I would do it myself but I'm still waiting for my Kraton to arrive

Well, on the front end, the existing braces attach from with a screw, thru the front plate, and into the chassis brace. Could we not just use an NON-threaded hole in the NEW TOP SECTION. A longer screw would be used in the same way the existing braces are used. Down through the new brace, thru the Plate, and thread into the bottom brace. Or does that not work?

That's what I've designed above but GKA think it will not be strong enough even though that is how the original design from arrma is. so I was thinking taking a screw all the way down to the main chassis, in side an aluminium housing in one piece connected to the front Brace. I'm not sure if there is room to do that. I can't find any pictures to show me. If you hav a chance could you take a picture of your kraton showing me what is below the top plate that would be grate

The bellcrank/steering assembly is under that plate. I would not think we can extend thru to the chassis. I have to take mine down for repairs anyway. but it'll be at least a week before I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back