Kraton Chassis flex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Yes i know we have discussed this to death but as my jumps get higher so does the expense.

I recently bent my chassisn on my v3 and snapped the rear brace, i upgraded her to an alloy brace and made a centre brace like most of you guys, its a steel tube with notches cut out fitted between the body posts, this only protects bending upwards as in the rear bending up, do we need to protect flex the other way as in the front or rear bending down?

Most times they flex up in the rear, but there are times when it bends the other way.
Best solution is to replace with a stronger aftermarket chassis imo
IMG_0155.JPG

Thanks for the reply, do you have any preference to chassis?

Yes i know we have discussed this to death but as my jumps get higher so does the expense.

I recently bent my chassisn on my v3 and snapped the rear brace, i upgraded her to an alloy brace and made a centre brace like most of you guys, its a steel tube with notches cut out fitted between the body posts, this only protects bending upwards as in the rear bending up, do we need to protect flex the other way as in the front or rear bending down?

If you want a brace that really really works..
You need to CNC a brace that combines all of them.. But out of one single piece..
So.. FCB, RCB, T2T all connected together.. Favourably including a vertical bar between red plate and chassis.. A way to connect the T2T with centre diff/motor mount..

Most popular after market chassis seems to be the m2c racing Goliath chassis. It uses 4mm 7075-t6 aluminum, much stronger than stock.
I'm really tempted to get the m2c chassis. Last week I bent the chassis, rear shock tower and rear dog bone. Was able to bend the chassis back to 99% but I'm sure where the bend was is weaker now. So those that have the m2c chassis, Is it worth the 100+ dollars?

I think its worth it. Or the alternative is to keep replacing and hammering out tweaked parts.

If you want a brace that really really works..
You need to CNC a brace that combines all of them.. But out of one single piece..
So.. FCB, RCB, T2T all connected together.. Favourably including a vertical bar between red plate and chassis.. A way to connect the T2T with centre diff/motor mount..

Not an easy task. I’m building one now for my Outcast doing away with the wing and bracing bulkhead to bulkhead with the rear brace. Front end of the t2t is connecting to the bulkhead and front tower. The way the arrmas are with the diff in the middle makes it hard to run a straight brace along the bottom front to back which would be ideal. I may make a plate in the middle to attach it to my motor mount but it is already getting to be too much work on a toy car...btw no cnc’s here...

Not an easy task. I’m building one now for my Outcast doing away with the wing and bracing bulkhead to bulkhead with the rear brace. Front end of the t2t is connecting to the bulkhead and front tower. The way the arrmas are with the diff in the middle makes it hard to run a straight brace along the bottom front to back which would be ideal. I may make a plate in the middle to attach it to my motor mount but it is already getting to be too much work on a toy car...btw no cnc’s here...

Found this.. But guy who made it doesn't have it for sale on his website

servo-plate-plus.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back