Notorious Chassis Protector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the fluff. Just leave it on your shelf if you don't want scratches. ?‍♂️
The protector is a burden and you cant get to the chassis screws. Focus on wrenching, not worry about scratches. Its just a chassis and they all get scratched. It means nothing. Does nothing wrong. Who looks at the bottom of your rig anyway when it is driving?
Skid plates front and rear are a different story and practical.
A friend of mine has a V1 Infr. Yet to drive it because he hasnt installed his custom chassis protector on it. Its been on his shelf for a year now. And he wont drive it yet. I gave up on him to bash with. Yet he bought the Infr. on my recommendation. He loves it. But as a shelf queen. Go figure. I told scratches will happen. I Would rather drive the crap out of my RC's. I don't like static models anymore. :LOL: I have vintage shelf queens. I want to drive my new stuff.:cool:

The protector is a burden and you cant get to the chassis screws. Focus on wrenching, not worry about scratches. Its just a chassis and they all get scratched. It means nothing. Does nothing wrong. Who looks at the bottom of your rig anyway when it is driving?
A friend of mine has a V1 Infr. Yet to drive it because he hasnt installed his custom chassis protector on it. Its been on his shelf for a year now. And he wont drive it yet. I gave up on him to bash with. Yet he bought the Infr. on my recommendation. He loves it. But as a shelf queen. Go figure. I told scratches will happen. I Would rather drive the crap out of my RC's. I don't like static models anymore. :LOL: I have vintage shelf queens. I want to drive my new stuff.:cool:
But the protector does have screw holes.
However, skid plates, which should I get, and will I need different screws (or maybe they are supplied)? I'm getting the Tbone rear bumpers, so won't that already function as a skid plate?

Thats a bonus if with holes. (y) Most are not. Great find then. If it makes you feel better use it then. But the protector still will get gouged and beat up. reach the chassis depending how you bash. If using a stock chassis, I don't feel it is worthy enough to protect it. But thats just me. If I had an M2C chassis upgrade or something, maybe the investment would be considered. I checked the link. (y) the price is good also BTW. Hopefully the screw holes line up well. And they can be a bear to get holes lined up. I installed one for someone else before, a buggy but had no holes. It got trashed pretty fast however, removing to service the chassis side screws.

Last edited:
Thats a bonus if with holes. (y) Most are not. Great find then. If it makes you feel better use it then. But the protector still will get gouged and beat up. reach the chassis depending how you bash. If using a stock chassis, I don't feel it is worthy enough to protect it. But thats just me. If I had an M2C chassis upgrade or something, maybe the investment would be considered.
So you think it'll just get ripped up before too long and I'll be back to scraping the chassis? Was hoping the protector would resist damage more than the aluminum.

That protector won't look like that for long before it get trashed, JS.

That protector won't look like that for long before it get trashed, JS.
Yup about 1 pack is all I got out of mine before it had a giant gash in it.

Make all the scratches worth while and get something that'll spark when it bottoms out ? it just needs 2 extra holes drilled into the chassis for extra bracing (I'm not sure if these will fit the V5 chassis if the diff hump is bigger)

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-6s-titanium-chassis-brace-skid-plate

As pretty as that chassis vinyl is, it won't stay new looking for long after regular bashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back